Any Barcelona news?

Started by Mr. Underfoot, September 04, 2020, 10:50:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Underfoot

Looking for release date/price...

Electrical Joe

Quote from: Mr. Underfoot on September 04, 2020, 10:50:11 AM
Looking for release date/price...

Yeah, I'm hoping they are close to having a release date. Or at least an estimate. Looks like it will be an awesome product.

boB

The Barcelona and Hawkes Bay are coming along very well !

I don't know the answer but maybe Robin can chime in and say something about this.

I mean, I see the progress being done all the time but just don't know the particulars.

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

ralph day

I replaced a Xantrex 4048 6 years ago.  I think things were past rumour stage then.  To the pessimistic, release dates will be in our children's time (mine's 38 so I'm hopeful).

Don't get me wrong...I love all my Midnite stuff, but couldn't justify replacing my Outback VFX3048 any time soon.

2 x Classic 250, one solar one on a Bergey XL1, Midnite Clipper, numerous SPD's.

Ralph

boB

Quote from: ralph day on May 13, 2021, 07:22:43 AM
I replaced a Xantrex 4048 6 years ago.  I think things were past rumour stage then.  To the pessimistic, release dates will be in our children's time (mine's 38 so I'm hopeful).

Don't get me wrong...I love all my Midnite stuff, but couldn't justify replacing my Outback VFX3048 any time soon.

2 x Classic 250, one solar one on a Bergey XL1, Midnite Clipper, numerous SPD's.

Ralph

Oh my, no !  The Outback VFX inverters are awesome !   I'm afraid we did a good job on those earlier products !

HAHA  but it's true.   :)
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Vic

Doing a bit of guessing,  here,  but it does look like the Barcelona CC is now in field testing at Ryan's ME facility.

Looks like the Barcelona is on the wall,  running,  next to a Hawkes Bay CC.

A fairly clear view of the Barcelona and the HB is in the video demo of the MN3548DIY inverter,  at about 1:01 in this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOPnHyDAjcc

Just guessin'.  FWIW Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

FNG

Barcelona is lagging behind, Mario is still working on code to track both MPPTs separately. The Hawkes Bay has been running here for a while now and doing pretty good. One of the challenges Mario faces is the Barcelona, Hawkes bay and the B17 MPPT use the same code so before he can get back into features and tweaks he has to finish the second MPPT section of it. I am hopeful he will have me code that will work here in a week or two. But the good news is the Barcelona is really 2 Hawkes Bays internally (In function) and we dont suspect any issues when he sends code this will allow him to finish the features we need and finish tweaking the tracking algorithm etc

Vic

Hi Ryan,  Thanks for the update on Barcelona,  you folks are making great progress,  it appears,  from afar.

73  Have fun,   Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

onanparts

A little teaser here. This is a Barcelona I'm Beta testing in-house at Midnites HS, Homeless Shelter. :) After some endless rain the past week or so, the sun came out long enough yesterday to do some bulk charging and go to absorb shortly before sunset. Take a look at this thread here on what I'm doing with a pair of stacked Rosies, the Barcelona, and next week a Hawks Bay will be up and running in the shelter too.

http://midniteftp.com/forum/index.php?topic=5656.0

I got the deluxe kit, it had a solar cell and a meter.

Midnite B17-10. 50kW Cont. 150kW Surge... Me/Myself/And/I