0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
3 (75%)
Other
1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Urayoan

Perfect!  I revisit the constraints and send an update soon to support better the size of different screens. As soon the update is posted, Test Flight notify of the new build.

If you find something else, let me know.

Thanks @Urayoan

Urayoan

Quote from: qrper on September 27, 2020, 06:15:08 PM
Iam running is0 13.7 with a iPad Air 2

Hello taper. Today I submitted an update that fix some of the layout issues for iPads. Still not perfect, but in think is more readable now. The update fix the add button for iPads too that makes the app to crash when try to add a device manually.

It has MQTT entries, but still not available yet.

qrper

Quote from: Urayoan on September 28, 2020, 07:12:14 PM
Quote from: qrper on September 27, 2020, 06:15:08 PM
Iam running is0 13.7 with a iPad Air 2

Hello taper. Today I submitted an update that fix some of the layout issues for iPads. Still not perfect, but in think is more readable now. The update fix the add button for iPads too that makes the app to crash when try to add a device manually.

It has MQTT entries, but still not available yet.

Installed the new update and here's what I got.

mike
System one: 7kWp w/ Trina 250 W panels @90 Vdc. Classic 150 to 16-6 V U.S batteries. Trace 5548 sine wave inverter.
System two: 6kWp grid tie with solaredge inverter.
System three: Midnite Brat, two 120 W Astropower modules, 100 Ah battery. Runs the LED streetlight in the back yard.

Urayoan

Got it mike. It looks almost the previous one (not much change on my side). Thanks for the report!

qrper

If the iPad is in portrait mode, a bit better
System one: 7kWp w/ Trina 250 W panels @90 Vdc. Classic 150 to 16-6 V U.S batteries. Trace 5548 sine wave inverter.
System three: Midnite Brat, two 120 W Astropower modules, 100 Ah battery. Runs the LED streetlight in the back yard.

Urayoan

Quote from: qrper on September 30, 2020, 01:34:12 PM
If the iPad is in portrait mode, a bit better

Didn't realize that in the screenshots at first. I think next update would give better support for large devices and hopefully MQTT support and persistence in detected devices.

Keep the feedback coming!

Thanks @ Urayoan

Urayoan

Hello everyone!

New update released today. Whats new?
1.Data persistence. Now detected or manually added devices, remain after app relaunch
2. Better list layout, now should be more readable
3.MQTT support - MQTT with the Graham implementation of ESP32 and Pi should work (ToDO add more screens with additional info)
4. Devices list can be deleted with left swipe (ToDO edit button to be implemented)

Know issues
if Modbus device is not reachable, the app can crash in certain circumstances
Horizontal layout disable for the moment
Better layout and fonts in any mode
State of charge gauge needs TLC

Grab your copy here
https://testflight.apple.com/join/YCC4MtdW

And feedback is always welcome

Urayoan

Additional Screenshots (cont)

Urayoan

Final Screenshots

ecovolt

Hi Urayoan,

Finally you did it ! I was hoping that somewhere in time somebody will solve the IOS software mystery and  give to us an IOS app to use for Classic .
Congratulation .. you've made my day ! I'm very happy to see this working. I did the test for a remote Classic 250 connect to an fix IP device and it works as well.
The only problem that I have seen so far is to add more IP's in the list .. and somehow to name them . I've added only one .. and not possible to add the second one. Don't know why .
I cannot keep in mind all the time the IP that looking for .. so an alias name to add would be great ! ... I'll come back once that I become familiar with this app .
Anyway .. Great work my friend !

Urayoan

Quote from: ecovolt on October 07, 2020, 03:42:35 PM
Hi Urayoan,

Finally you did it ! I was hoping that somewhere in time somebody will solve the ISO software mystery and  give to us an ISO app to use for Classic .
Congratulation .. you've made my day ! I'm very happy to see this working. I did the test for a remote Classic 250 connect to an fix IP device and it works as well.
The only problem that I have seen so far is to add more IP's in the list .. and somehow to name them . I cannot keep in mind all the time the IP that looking for .. so an alias name to add would be great ! ... I'll come back once that I become familiar with this app .

Thank you for the feedback ecovolt. To add more ips, just hit the add button and add it at will. Just select Modbus or MQTT.

About the alias, i did not think of that, is a good idea to implement it.

In the next revision, I am going to add the edit option (or complete it) by right swiping the record in the list. Right now the only option that works is delete.

@Urayoan

Urayoan

Quote from: Urayoan on October 07, 2020, 03:53:43 PM
Quote from: ecovolt on October 07, 2020, 03:42:35 PM
Hi Urayoan,

Finally you did it ! I was hoping that somewhere in time somebody will solve the ISO software mystery and  give to us an ISO app to use for Classic .
The only problem that I have seen so far is to add more IP's in the list .. and somehow to name them . I cannot keep in mind all the time the IP that looking for .. so an alias name to add would be great ! ... I'll come back once that I become familiar with this app .

Thank you for the feedback ecovolt. To add more ips, just hit the add button and add it at will. Just select Modbus or MQTT.

About the alias, i did not think of that, is a good idea to implement it.

In the next revision, I am going to add the edit option (or complete it) by right swiping the record in the list. Right now the only option that works is delete.

@Urayoan

Reading your message for second time I understood what you are referring about adding a new IP. Please if possible send me a private message with tue host and see. Before the app add a new host, if can not resolve to a valid ip the app does not add to the list (and this can be in my side)

mcsarge

Urayoan,

Awesome on the iOS app, I do not have an iPhone either, but I know plenty who do. I am not sure if you can handle this, but I often use ngrok to tunnel my Classic's port 502 outside my firewall. This is a real necessity if you are using a cellular link to your system, as most cellular carriers block all incoming requests (unless you pay an arm and a leg) making the usual "opening" a port in your firewall non-functional. The issue is that the URL that is forwarded to your Classic's port 502 looks something like this: tcp://0.tcp.ngrok.io:12345. We have had trouble in the past with other apps and utilities being able to handle a port number that is 5 digits long. You may want to make sure that your app can handle a url like that and a port number that is 5 digits long.

Matt
Off Grid Island in Ontario Canada (Beaverstone Bay)
Primary: Classic 150 + wbjr; 3s2p HES 270watt
Winter: SolarBoost 50 MPPT (into wbjr); 2 x Sharp NE-80EJEA 80watt
Pack: 4s2p ROLLS S6-460AGM 6V for 24V pack
Inverter/Charger: Trace DR2424
Call Sign: KG4EUF

Urayoan

Quote from: mcsarge on October 08, 2020, 10:20:29 AM
Urayoan,

Awesome on the iOS app, I do not have an iPhone either, but I know plenty who do. I am not sure if you can handle this, but I often use ngrok to tunnel my Classic's port 502 outside my firewall. This is a real necessity if you are using a cellular link to your system, as most cellular carriers block all incoming requests (unless you pay an arm and a leg) making the usual "opening" a port in your firewall non-functional. The issue is that the URL that is forwarded to your Classic's port 502 looks something like this: tcp://0.tcp.ngrok.io:12345. We have had trouble in the past with other apps and utilities being able to handle a port number that is 5 digits long. You may want to make sure that your app can handle a url like that and a port number that is 5 digits long.

Matt

Oh Matt, good to know that. I think it can handle the 5 digit port.

It can be a host where i can test it?

qrper

Looks much better..... will download the latest and greatest this afternoon.

Now... I'm going to sound like my wife here, but I personally find the meter displays way too dark for my taste. I bet you rolled your eyes on that comment!

Anyway, down the road when you get most of the bugs out, think about updating the meter displays to something brighter like what Graham has in his Android app.

I'm always impressed with people that can talk in ones and zeros. It took me three hours to get the LED on my Arduino to blink!

mike