Data Present But no Graphs on MNGP

Started by jon_sun, October 15, 2020, 10:23:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jon_sun

I have a Midnite 150 Classic new out of the box that won't display a graph of logged data on the MNGP interface. I confirmed via the "LOGS --> Hourly" menu that It has plenty of non-zero data points stored in memory. However, when I use the right soft key to go to the graph, the only thing visible is a flashing cursor with no graph line. Has anyone ever encountered this before?

Thanks,
Jon

mike90045

I have it too, persisted thru several firmware upgrades too.  I use the LocalApp and get my data that way. I figured it was just a bug
http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar

Classic 200| 2Kw PV, 160Voc | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph )| Listeroid 6/1, st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | midnight ePanel & 4 SPDs | 48V, 800A NiFe battery bank | MS-TS-MPPT60 w/3Kw PV

boB

OK, so the hourly logs aren't accumulating anything ?   I think it takes a value every 10 minutes or so.

Hourly isn't a great term for that.   Used to call it minutely but that isn't accurate either.

So, is the Classic running during the day and charging batteries ?

If it is just watching the battery voltage and no PV power being made, then it may be that the Log At Night in the tweaks is turned OFF.

There is a graph of these minute logs in the 4th or so status screen also.

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

ClassicCrazy

Quote from: jon_sun on October 15, 2020, 10:23:44 PM
I have a Midnite 150 Classic new out of the box that won't display a graph of logged data on the MNGP interface. I confirmed via the "LOGS --> Hourly" menu that It has plenty of non-zero data points stored in memory. However, when I use the right soft key to go to the graph, the only thing visible is a flashing cursor with no graph line. Has anyone ever encountered this before?

Thanks,
Jon

If you want good monitor and have android check out Grahams Classic Monitoring app available on playstore.
Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

jon_sun

Quote from: boB on October 16, 2020, 01:17:25 AM

OK, so the hourly logs aren't accumulating anything ?   I think it takes a value every 10 minutes or so.

Hourly isn't a great term for that.   Used to call it minutely but that isn't accurate either.

So, is the Classic running during the day and charging batteries ?

If it is just watching the battery voltage and no PV power being made, then it may be that the Log At Night in the tweaks is turned OFF.

There is a graph of these minute logs in the 4th or so status screen also.

It appears that both hourly and daily data are getting saved to the classic but both of them fail to draw curves of the stored data.

A few days ago I tried rebooting the charge controller by turning it off and back on again and noticed a strange new development.... It appears that after the reboot the hourly graphs display totally fine initially (look great too!). Then if I go over to the daily graphs, the graph appears briefly but then quickly disappears.

If at that point I return to the hourly graphs, then all the hourly curves also become completely blank. In other words something about accessing the daily graphs appears to cause a "crash" of some kind. All graphs stay blank at that point (including status 4 screen graphs) until I do another reboot. Rather weird? I would like to be able to use the graphs if possible. I have heard the local app is good but I'd rather use the classic MNGP since I don't have an android. 

I have Night Log turned on and the Classic runs during the day to charge batteries

boB

I wonder if this might have something to do with newer firmware for voice ?

What is the MNGP version of software and the date ?  That is located in the last status screen.

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

jon_sun

Quote from: mike90045 on October 16, 2020, 01:08:26 AM
I have it too, persisted thru several firmware upgrades too.  I use the LocalApp and get my data that way. I figured it was just a bug

Hey Mike-

Glad to hear it's not just me! I think you are right, must be some sort of bug....

jon_sun

Quote from: boB on October 28, 2020, 02:51:47 PM

I wonder if this might have something to do with newer firmware for voice ?

What is the MNGP version of software and the date ?  That is located in the last status screen.

Hey that could definitely be a possibility. Be interested to hear more about that.... The following is reported on my status screen:

• MNGP 2186: 11/29/2017
  • Classic 2193: 02/06/2018

The controller is very new. Purchased it only a few months ago.

boB

Yes, that is pretty new.  I don't think there ia any newer firmware in there that would help this.

Better call our support line I guess.   I'm out of ideas.

That is, until I think of something else to try.

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me