Setting mb port in Comm on Classic 150

Started by Greer, November 12, 2016, 07:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greer

Have just had a Communications Adapter fitted.  The tech set the controller addresses #10, #11 and #12. He also set the MB port in the COMM section to match. I was left to do the firmware upgrade and a factory reset. So far so good.
Went to COMM to set MB port to 10. Got distracted and reading went below 1 and the figure 65xxx appeared. It appears the only way to reset is down  :o
Question: is there an easy way to reset this figure or do I demand that my husband bring me endless cups of coffee and sandwiches while I hold the button and count down to 10 however long it takes?

Off Grid
PV - 54 x 185 watt panels
3 x Classic 150
48v 440AH
SMA Communication Adapter
Sunny Island 5048

Westbranch

Uh..... can you tell us what it is you are calling the MB port?
KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come

Greer

Off Grid
3 x Classic 150
48v 440AH
Sunny Island 5048

TomW

Communication adaptor?

MB port?

Glad you got it sorted out but I never heard of these 2 items on a Classic before?

3rd party components?

Could you elaborate?

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

Greer

Tom,
the device is the Midnite Solar Communications adapter. Lets the Classics talk to a Sunny Island and vice versa.
Was just resetting what installer had put in the Classics after firmware and MNGP update.
Off Grid
3 x Classic 150
48v 440AH
Sunny Island 5048

Halfcrazy

MB port (I assume and you know what that means) is Mod Buss port. BUT that should not have to be changed from port 502 for the communications adapter. For the Communications adapter you set them for address 10,11,12 and 13 and then set them to SMA mode in the Misc ---> Comm menu
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

TomW

Ok, thanks for the clue hammer blow!

I guess I am well and truly out of the loop these days.

Learn something fresh every day. Now, if I could just remember what I learn. :o

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

The Ugly One

I have the same communications adapter trying to get it to communicate with the sma sunny island 6048. I have 2 classic 250's standard full edition connected together then the master connected to the communication box.  I have it set up via the instructions but my sunny island will only show 1 of then.  I've tried everything and still will only show 1. Maybe the wire pairs are not terminated proper with my cable?  Do you gave a wire pair layout for classic to comm and from comm to sunny island.
I take them Ray Rays, and turn them into that Boom Boom Zap Juice.

Vic

Hi T U O,

Recently,  there has been quite a bit of traffic here,  with a similar theme.

I know absolutely NOTHING about SIs and the COMMbox,   but,   have you read this Thread?:

http://midniteftp.com/forum/index.php?topic=5000.0

Good Luck,   Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

The Ugly One

Vic,
  I have not read that thread yet...  I will be reading it right after this post sends.

The ugly one
I take them Ray Rays, and turn them into that Boom Boom Zap Juice.