Error or omission RE: SMA COMM instructions

Started by Trukinbear, October 20, 2020, 12:28:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trukinbear

Hi guys, as to the MODBUS/Canbus adaptor for Sunny Island - SMA refers all documentation to come from you, there is nothing in SMA's manual regarding this. However, SMA says there are some things that should have been in there as the shunt should not be connected to the SI while using the Classics as SMA's chargers via the MODBUS/Canbus adaptor a) the current sensor needs to be disabled in menu 225, and b) to ensure proper communication to the Com Adapter, you would need to set menu 250.28 ChrgCtlOp to SMA. Very erratic operation ensues otherwise as the two systems argue with one another.
Thanks,
SMA Solar Sunny Island SI6048
JA Solar 330W 72 cell panels (18)
Classic 250 (2)
MODBUS/Canbus comm adaptor for Sunny Island
SMA-OG E-panel
WhizBang Jr
MNSPD300V (3)
Atkinson GSCM mini-i
Onan Quiet Diesel QD-8000
Monterey 986Ah 'Big Sur' 24-125-11 48V battery
Off the grid on the PNW coast

The Ugly One

I am interested where you got this i formation . I can't get sma to respond to my questions. But none of the less. I have alot of sma sunny islands and I can only get 1 of my classic 250s to report to the sunny island via the sma comm from midnite solar. So I have to not connect up the shunt with the sma? I thought that putting the classic into sma mode that they listened to the sunny island, not fight with it. And is this with or without a whizbang Jr working with also?
I take them Ray Rays, and turn them into that Boom Boom Zap Juice.