Time adjust and sync not working in local app

Started by Narrowboat boy, November 13, 2020, 11:47:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Narrowboat boy

Hi All

My classic has the time set for British summer time , I now need to change it to an hour earlier as the clocks haev gone back , I adjust the time or sync with my puter and load settings to the classic , Screen goes from yellow to green , times changes and the little clock on the dashboard warning the classic is more than 10 mins out of sync goes away .. All is good , Then a few minutes later the screen goes yellow again the clock re-appears and the time has reverted back to BST ..

Can anyone tell me what is happening / going wrong ? is there something I am missing ? the Classic does seem very stubborn to change the time now .

Simon
Off grid boater with 6 x 270w Perlight delta black panels , Midnite Classic 150 ,Whizbang Jr /
Victron Phoenix Multiplus 120/12/3000 inverter /charger combo , 5 x Victron 110 Ah Deep Cycle AGM Batteries , Honda 2.2eui back up gennie

Wizbandit

Turn OFF Time Sync in the MNGP under TWEAKS.
TMSYNC=OFF.

Narrowboat boy

Off grid boater with 6 x 270w Perlight delta black panels , Midnite Classic 150 ,Whizbang Jr /
Victron Phoenix Multiplus 120/12/3000 inverter /charger combo , 5 x Victron 110 Ah Deep Cycle AGM Batteries , Honda 2.2eui back up gennie

mike90045

This just bit me today.  i switched off the PV and at the same time, bumped the battery breaker too.   I rebooted and powered up the PV, but somehow, Classic MNGP defaulted back to time sync and I got the yellow screen, and will try the control panel tomorrow at the battery shed.
Seems like all my settings stayed, but the TMSYNC=ON came on.
http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar

Classic 200| 2Kw PV, 160Voc | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph )| Listeroid 6/1, st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | midnight ePanel & 4 SPDs | 48V, 800A NiFe battery bank | MS-TS-MPPT60 w/3Kw PV

boB

The Time Sync On/Off is stored in the MNGP....  Pressing ENTER should still save it to the MNGP.  I don't think it really says that it saves though.

Better press ENTER twice to be sure.

:) :)
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

australsolarier

mike 90045
i have the same issue with the classic not wanting to remember sync off. sometimes it does sometimes not. it is just one of those minor slightly irritating things.

boB

Quote from: australsolarier on November 23, 2020, 12:37:47 AM
mike 90045
i have the same issue with the classic not wanting to remember sync off. sometimes it does sometimes not. it is just one of those minor slightly irritating things.

Press ENTER a couple of times on the MNGP.

Heck, might as well press it three times.    ;) :)

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

mike90045

Mine took the entry ( i pressed enter about 5 times ) and has been running OK since
http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar

Classic 200| 2Kw PV, 160Voc | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph )| Listeroid 6/1, st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | midnight ePanel & 4 SPDs | 48V, 800A NiFe battery bank | MS-TS-MPPT60 w/3Kw PV

australsolarier

ok, next time i am pressing enter 5 times too and see what happens