To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

Amphours remaining jumps around a lot?

Started by malkierian, November 26, 2020, 02:26:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

malkierian

Quote from: boB on May 20, 2021, 05:39:36 PM
Quote from: malkierian on May 20, 2021, 02:01:57 AM

The middle graph in the image I posted IS the SOC. Literally one report to the next it goes up. Straight line.
EDIT: I was using Ah remaining and dividing because it gave a much more even, accurate representation of SOC than the classic's own SOC which rounds to the nearest whole percentage, but the classic's SOC still matches my math.

Are you referring to the middle of the 3 graphs that is labeled "power"  ?   From 0 to 100 ?

Maybe you can post again if I'm not getting it.

If that graph I am looking at is AH-Remaining then I don't know why it would do that.

Does your other SOC meter show that ramp downward before the straight up ledge around 4 AM or so ?
Yes, that middle graph is the SOC. And it's more like 80% -> 95% most of the time (the bottom limit of the graph is dynamic, so it only shows the lowest value during that time).

And no, the other meter doesn't show that. It has the steady downward slope all the way until we start getting charge in the morning, and then the steady slope upward that you would expect.
1st System: 12.5kw on 5 Classics (3 150s, 2 250s), 1 classic 250 with wind turbine, 2 stacked Magnum 4024PAE inverters.

2nd System: 1250W solar on 1 Classic 150, two DIY3024 running separate breaker boxes, one hooked up to Magnum output for AC charging.

ClassicCrazy

I just looked at My Midnite and every days SOC graph looks like I would expect and no jump ups like you see.
The next days charging SOC  is steeper than the nights discharge SOC but as expected.
see example below
Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

boB

Very weird !

I better sleep on this one.

:-\ :)
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me