CCDM - Charge Controller Data Manager

Started by Fort Wisers, November 26, 2020, 04:39:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fort Wisers

Hey Jim!

Over the next week or so I'll give trial to a mock gmail account on this end to test and report back.
I'm currently using our own private mail sever so perhaps there's something I overlooked.
A "Test" button is a great idea.....

Even the feedback alone is a huge contribution to pushing things along, there's only so much I can test here at home / cabin and only so many scenarios that can be seen.
The more feedback the better, having guys like you, Larry and Mike trialing things etc has been great. I'm the one holding up the show in never finding time to develop further!

Thanks and enjoy your day:
Brent

Cabin#1 System: 2 x Hanwha QCell 370watt, Classic 200 incl. wbjr, 2 x Rolls FLA 6V, Kisae SW1220 Inverter

ClassicCrazy

Quote from: MountianComm on June 15, 2021, 02:52:22 AM
Brent,
Still no luck with the email messages.  I though when gmail kicked out a message saying a device attempted to access the account, and I went in an opened it up (in the gmail account security) I thought had this figured but I guess not.  maybe a future more diagnostic tool would be an email button that forced an email message?

I will keep checking back for updates.  The Kid addition would be great!  In my applications I check my system(s) daily to see what the SOC is in the morning, how soon do the batteries reach float etc.  I have to make sure my equipment isnt outpacing production.  Unlike a cabin  I have to keep equipment power 24/7

I really wish I could contribute here but my expertise is in building radio systems not coding.

TNX jim

I know when I set up a video camera to send emails to google - there was a special process to use on google. You have to get a code number from google if I remember correctly - you can't just put in your email and password and make it work. Somewhere in al the google setup there is a place to add other devices but I don't remember right now how I did it.
Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

Fort Wisers

Hi everyone,
I'm terribly sorry for the delay in response, with work on the road last week and the kids school year coming to an end this week, time sure is rushing by!
I have yet to trial using a gmail account for CCDM to send emailed reports but it would not surprise me if Gmail has some extra protection to avoid all out email relaying.

However, I really liked Jim's idea of having a test button, so I quickly added this in.
Note: All the previous warnings about using the CCDM email function still apply as I have yet to update the security portions of the code

So if you download the latest build of CCDM you will see a new "Test Email" button on the configuration tab
Another note: If you download the latest the only files that have been updated are CC_Data_Manager.py and CC_UIClass.py so you can simply copy and paste them into your old package so you don't overwrite you config files

A few things need to be in place in order for the new button to be enabled:
1. You need to have both ENABLE_DAILY_LOGS and ENABLE_DAILY_EMAILS set to True in the CCDM_Config file
2. CCDM must be successfully connected to your charge controller
3. You need to have done your best to setup the CCDM_config_email file

Once you have the above, run CCDM as you normal would, head to the configuration tab and drag CCDM half way off the screen (leaving access to the "Test Email" button) so you can see the console running in the background. The console should be spitting out it's usual dialog about "Gathering Data......sleep.....gather data..sleeping" etc......
Press the "Test Email" button (it should change text to "Testing") and watch the console messages, you should see some new messages indicating it is attempting to generate a new log file (which is placed into CCDM_logs folder) and then use this log file to create and send an email.
IF everything is setup ok you'll see something like the following:

HOWEVER, if there was an issue CCDM will spit out a bit of a message to try and help you pinpoint the issue.
In the following example I purposely mistyped in the password for the email account I'm using to allow CCDM to send emails:

Hope this helps...
In closing I shall everyone a very happy summer! We shall see you all in the fall.....
Brent

Cabin#1 System: 2 x Hanwha QCell 370watt, Classic 200 incl. wbjr, 2 x Rolls FLA 6V, Kisae SW1220 Inverter

KeithBook

Hi...I continue pondering exactly the same thing. Best I can think of is effortlessness in light of the fact that in manual mode it's an implicit switch and surprisingly the cheapie PWMs guarantee to have over-burden security on the heap terminals. I don't exactly get what Zil is getting at since the heap terminals can be utilized when there is no sun oriented info, accordingly it's additionally provided by the battery,

In case it was dependent upon me, I'd wire it up to the battery with a wire and committed switch. Regardless of whether there was an explanation I chose to utilize the heap terminals I would meld that too. (I combine the heap terminal yield for the PWMs I use for planned open air lighting).

All that said, in fact there doesn't appear to be anything amiss with utilizing the heap terminals the manner in which the OP proposes as long as they are appraised for the current draw of the siphon and suitable wire size is utilized and so on.

Fort Wisers

Quote from: KeithBook on September 21, 2021, 03:27:24 AM
Hi...I continue pondering exactly the same thing. Best I can think of is effortlessness in light of the fact that in manual mode it's an implicit switch and surprisingly the cheapie PWMs guarantee to have over-burden security on the heap terminals. I don't exactly get what Zil is getting at since the heap terminals can be utilized when there is no sun oriented info, accordingly it's additionally provided by the battery,

In case it was dependent upon me, I'd wire it up to the battery with a wire and committed switch. Regardless of whether there was an explanation I chose to utilize the heap terminals I would meld that too. (I combine the heap terminal yield for the PWMs I use for planned open air lighting).

All that said, in fact there doesn't appear to be anything amiss with utilizing the heap terminals the manner in which the OP proposes as long as they are appraised for the current draw of the siphon and suitable wire size is utilized and so on.

Not sure this response was meant to be in this thread? Seems unrelated....