CCDM - Charge Controller Data Manager

Started by Fort Wisers, November 26, 2020, 04:39:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fort Wisers

Quote from: ClassicCrazy on January 18, 2021, 02:56:53 PM
Brent - Midnite has Classic Firmware 2193 on their webpage but Bob had put out another one that got rid of an annoying tone if you were using the voice options. Not sure if they incorporated that fix into 2193 or not. But this is the firmware I am using 2245 - look here http://midniteftp.com/forum/index.php?topic=4212.msg41349#msg41349

Larry

Thanks Larry, I appreciate your insight on this one.
Take care:
Brent
Cabin#1 System: 2 x Hanwha QCell 370watt, Classic 200 incl. wbjr, 2 x Rolls FLA 6V, Kisae SW1220 Inverter

ClassicCrazy

Brent
You should have this discussion  moved to the open source section of the forums .
You might be interested in this that was posted on  a discussion there. It tells how to go about making an IOT Stack container for docker
https://gist.github.com/Paraphraser/378d17e759901d4871e5be4327e3f3c8

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

Fort Wisers

Quote from: ClassicCrazy on January 26, 2021, 02:17:24 AM
Brent
You should have this discussion  moved to the open source section of the forums .
You might be interested in this that was posted on  a discussion there. It tells how to go about making an IOT Stack container for docker

Larry

Hey Larry!
I shall check out the link sometime soon hopefully. Things got a little busy on this end with the kids transitioning from virtual school to back to school so everything else went on hold.
Good idea about moving this to the Open Source section, to be honest I didn't even realize the forum had a dedicated section but will check it out as well, as time permits.
Take care:
Brent
Cabin#1 System: 2 x Hanwha QCell 370watt, Classic 200 incl. wbjr, 2 x Rolls FLA 6V, Kisae SW1220 Inverter

ClassicCrazy

Quote from: Fort Wisers on January 27, 2021, 08:26:44 AM
Quote from: ClassicCrazy on January 26, 2021, 02:17:24 AM
Brent

Larry

Hey Larry!
I shall check out the link sometime soon hopefully. Things got a little busy on this end with the kids transitioning from virtual school to back to school so everything else went on hold.
Good idea about moving this to the Open Source section, to be honest I didn't even realize the forum had a dedicated section but will check it out as well, as time permits.
Take care:
Brent

No problems or hurry. I understand the too busy with things !

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

Fort Wisers

Moderators -> Could you move this entire thread to the Open Source section of the forum (as per Larry's suggestion).

Larry and Mike (and anyone else following) -> I hope to post "0.0.2 - beta" by the end of Feb.
Nothing too serious in terms of updates, just a number of the small additions / tweaks we've discussed so far

FNG

Fort Wisers

Fort Wisers

Posted up v0.0.2-beta of CCDM

Changes / Additions include:

- Added CCDM Configuration file data to Config Tab
- Added wind turbine image for Midnite Classics running in MPPT Wind Mode
- Broke out Config file to "default" and non default (user) to prevent over-write on future upgrades
- Added some extra text on various widgets to better explain data point (per end users feedback)
- Added ability to change between DegC and DegF for temperature data points
- Added partial shading icon
- Added ability to enter UI opening size overrides in config file
- Added Net Amp hours data point   

Fort Wisers

Hi again moderators, could I ask for another move? Can we move this thread to the General Info section of Open Source since this project is not just for Rasp Pi?
Thanks, sorry for the trouble!

ClassicCrazy

Quote from: Fort Wisers on March 01, 2021, 05:37:16 PM
Posted up v0.0.2-beta of CCDM
https://github.com/Brent-Lekx-Toniolo/Charge-Controller-Data-Manager-CCDM/releases/tag/v0.0.2-beta

Changes / Additions include:

- Added CCDM Configuration file data to Config Tab
- Added wind turbine image for Midnite Classics running in MPPT Wind Mode
- Broke out Config file to "default" and non default (user) to prevent over-write on future upgrades
- Added some extra text on various widgets to better explain data point (per end users feedback)
- Added ability to change between DegC and DegF for temperature data points
- Added partial shading icon
- Added ability to enter UI opening size overrides in config file
- Added Net Amp hours data point

I erased the old files and extracted the new zip.
All I had to do was edit config default file with ip address and it worked. I did this for both classics .
I don't understand what you mean by default and non default files ?
When the sun is  out again I will let it run and see how it goes. I haven't been using CCDM for awhile because I was playing around with the MQTT Classic Monitor for awhile. And then I was just using regular Local Status because I had to change Aux setups .
I like the F temps now
Thanks

Larry
system 1
system 2
system 3
KID / Brat portable

Fort Wisers

Hey Larry!
Thanks for taking the time to download the latest and get it setup!

So I have broke out the ability to create a user config file from the default config file.
The package you download will come with "CCDM_config_default.py" file only.
You can take this, rename it to "CCDM_config.py" and edit it with your custom config settings (favorite temperature display, controller IP addresses etc).
Then, when I release the next version of CCDM you can use this edited config file (copy and paste your edited config file to the new package) and not lose your edits.

OR you can simply edit the default file, CCDM will accept either.

Have fun, thanks again:
Brent

ClassicCrazy

I think I tried editing and making a config.py without the default and it wouldn't work.
But could be I messed something up with name or file type . Maybe I will try again tomorrow.

Larry
system 1
system 2
system 3
KID / Brat portable

Fort Wisers

Hey Larry,
The naming has to be either:

CCDM_config_default.py (the default that comes with the package)
OR
CCDM_config.py (user edited version of above)

When it CCDM launches, it looks for a user edited version, if it can't find it, it will revert back to the default (so don't delete the default version).
My only reasoning for adding this feature is so, in the future, when a user downloads a new package of CCDM, they can simply copy and paste their user edited version of the file from a previous package. This avoids you having to update the IP address etc each time you download a new version (that's the hope anyhow!).

Good luck, thanks for your time:

Brent

ClassicCrazy

Okay - I saved file to config without default and it is working fine.
I turned off graphics to lists only. There is one graphic that still stays on . ( photo below shows it )
Is there an easy  way to force all the lists to bunch together to take up the space where the graphics were ?
When I want to minimize the screen I can drag the right side over to make the window smaller but I can't drag the left side over . Maybe t this is a windows thing. I am running this on windows 10 right now.
My goal was to be able to shrink both CCDM windows from the two controllers to get them both to show side by side on my monitor.  Maybe you have plans in future to show multiple controllers in one running instance ?

Larry
system 1
system 2
system 3
KID / Brat portable

Fort Wisers

Hey Larry,

Hmmm seems I messed something up with the dynamic images section, none of the images should be displaying in lists-only display mode.
Perhaps I need to make myself a formal regression testing checklist for this package.
With all the sizing options and also different display modes it's often longer re-checking all the old options after code changes then it is adding the new code.

I will have a look (hopefully tonight or tomorrow morning) and then post a fix and send a response about your sizing question.
Sorry for the trouble, thanks for the feedback:
Brent