replacing control board

Started by jtdiesel65, March 09, 2021, 09:08:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jtdiesel65

Hi,

One of my 150s doesn't check in online to mymidnite.com. The local app works fine. We troubleshooted this previously and the recommendation was to send the controller in. I was wondering if replacing the control board would likely solve this? Seems like this would be easier than unwiring and sending it in. 

thx

ClassicCrazy

You probably should open a ticket with Midnite on their website.

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

KyleM

If you can see data from the Local App then it is probably a internet connection issue not a Classic issue. I would check the DNS settings first   ( see below)   If you are using satellite or Cellular wireless type of internet, MM2 may not work for you.

Taken from the MM2 FAQ section.

Set the Network type to STATIC. This can be done on the MNGP->NET menu or the Local Applications Config->Tech menu
Make sure that the D2/MM/DNS Override value is set to 0.0.0.0
If the D2/MM/DNS Override is set to 0.0.0.0 and the unit still isn't dialing in then change it to 159.203.65.201, THEN REBOOT THE UNIT.
Note that any changes to the D2/MM/DNS Override value require the Classic to be power-cycled to take effect. Also please note that it can take up to 20 minutes for data to start showing up on MyMidNite so give it about that much time after making any changes to the network settings.

australsolarier

my 5 midnites are all on "static". but, ... i found occasionally some other device set not static usurps that number and blocks the midnite to the status panel and midnite website.

boB

You can also debug some of these things using the program, Wireshark and watch the TCP/IP and UDP traffic.

Free
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

KyleM

Quote from: boB on March 09, 2021, 02:48:11 PM

You can also debug some of these things using the program, Wireshark and watch the TCP/IP and UDP traffic.

Free

Yes you can, but this is not supported by Midnite nor can we help you read the results......  even if boB says so   :o :o :o

boB

Quote from: KyleM on March 09, 2021, 05:45:38 PM
Quote from: boB on March 09, 2021, 02:48:11 PM

Free

Yes you can, but this is not supported by Midnite nor can we help you read the results......  even if boB says so   :o :o :o

Right !     You can't call MidNite support and ask how the packets and Wireshark work.

However, there are some on here that might be able to help !

boB

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me