MIDNITE SOLAR MNEDC250RT for use with Batrium

Started by garethb, December 23, 2020, 03:48:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garethb

Am I able to use the shunt trip on this circuit breaker with another BMS like batrium or the DIYBMS?

KyleM

Remote Trip breaker for use with our Battery Disconnect module ( MNBDM-24 or MNBDM-48 ) and the Rapid Shutdown System.

That is as far as it is supported by Midnite.

openplanet

Totally understand that MNS cannot support configurations that use anything other than MNS rapid shutdown components. But can someone tell me simply what is the value of the signal actually trips the RT breakers? 
Also, what is meant by "dual mount" (vs DIN mount) in the description of some MNS breakers?
Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIANk7zQ05w

boB

Quote from: openplanet on March 13, 2021, 09:11:50 PM
Totally understand that MNS cannot support configurations that use anything other than MNS rapid shutdown components. But can someone tell me simply what is the value of the signal actually trips the RT breakers? 
Also, what is meant by "dual mount" (vs DIN mount) in the description of some MNS breakers?
Thank you.

The dual mount breakers might refer to two breakers that are ganged together   and/or  switched by way of a bracket for inverter transfer switch...  Like in this picture that I am steeling from a web site...

The remote trip breakers are usually just a solenoid, maybe 24V that is embedded inside of a single or multiple breaker.  These are sometimes also attached to a small-current breaker mounted to the breakers they are tripping so that when wired to the output side (inverter side...  not-battery side) of the breakers that are tripping, so that as soon as the breakers trip, the power is turned OFF to that remote trip solenoid.  You usually do not want to keep applying power to the breaker trip solenoid.   Just long enough for the breakers to trip and this is an easy way to accomplish that.

I can't remember how many of our RT breakers are actually 24V rated and how many are other voltages.

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

FNG

Quote from: openplanet on March 13, 2021, 09:11:50 PM
Thank you.
The breakers need a 12-24vdc pulse to trip them, The voltage can not be applied continuous or it will burn out the trip coil. I suggest no more than 50% duty cycle and stop pulsing when you detect the loss of voltage

You mention Dual Mount, That is not a term I am familiar with we have two types of breakers:

Din Rail Mount (Snap onto a din rail)
Panel Mount (Screw through the panel into the face of the breaker)