News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

The Hawkes Bay is LIVE

Started by Sunshine, December 23, 2020, 09:32:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jtdiesel65

Looks good. I will be looking for a 600v CC this spring/summer as I am adding ~5700w of panels. I already have the panels, but the ground needs to thaw first.

Will the whizbangjr be integrated?

thx

boB

Quote from: jtdiesel65 on March 03, 2021, 03:07:56 PM
Looks good. I will be looking for a 600v CC this spring/summer as I am adding ~5700w of panels. I already have the panels, but the ground needs to thaw first.

Will the whizbangjr be integrated?

thx

Yes. The WB Jr. will be usable on these.  Not sure if that software is done yet but it will be sometime for sure.

Also remote battery voltage sense I believe.

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

FNG

So we have some new firmware, They forgot to put an upper limit on the current limit so I decided its time for full send and see what happens. So far we have seen about 105 amps out of the unit today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_IkuMOfM_w

Highflyer

Nice update!  What a device. 

Can't wait to see full voltage and wattage.  Let'er rip tater chip!!

Did you happen to get temps during the high amp run? 
Brian

The one thing is the one thing

Robin

We will have two versions. 80 and 110 amp. Ryan has been running his 75 amp unit at105 amps. Gets hot, but still running fine. He will be getting a 110 amp unit soon. Jim parish should have received his 120 amp special unit by now?
We just received new power boards in so will be back I print more beta units real soon. Once we get the Barcelona power board here we can think about going to etl. I don’t know how far Todd has got on manuals and bough?
Menus aren’t totally done and not all functions work yet, but I hat won’t stop us from going to etl.
Robin Gudgel

kitestrings

Will the Hawkes Bay unit have a wind mode as with the Classic's?  Nice work regardless.  Best, ~ks

boB

Quote from: kitestrings on March 12, 2021, 08:44:27 PM
Will the Hawkes Bay unit have a wind mode as with the Classic's?  Nice work regardless.  Best, ~ks

It certainly could !

That software will have to wait though for some future upgrade I'm afraid.

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Vic

Robin said,

"We will have two versions. 80 and 110 amp".   WOW !!  Awesome,  keep up all the great work.  Congratulations to all of the MidNite  team.

Can hardly wait  ...   Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

Weldman

Interested parties want to know, how's it going is there anything new or needed fix to the unit when are they going to be release?
Will this unit talk with the other Classics, sure hate to toss my Classic since it won't integrate it in.

FNG

Sounds like Progress is still being made, Hopefully I get mine back in a few weeks. Engineering wanted to update a few things on it. As for talking to the classic yes the long term goal is to have the com box speak to the classic so coordination can be had. The Classic is RS232 speaking Modbus and the Hawkes Bay is RS485 speaking canbus so they need a translator

Weldman

Quote from: FNG on April 23, 2021, 08:39:05 AM
Sounds like Progress is still being made, Hopefully I get mine back in a few weeks. Engineering wanted to update a few things on it. As for talking to the classic yes the long term goal is to have the com box speak to the classic so coordination can be had. The Classic is RS232 speaking Modbus and the Hawkes Bay is RS485 speaking canbus so they need a translator
Where can we get a translator from? If that's the case then I am more than ready to buy one, just going to wait and hobble along till then.

jbn

Considering that there will be a com box and the Hawke's Bay is a canbus protocol, does that mean there is potential for it to communicate with Xantrex XW (now the Schneider Conext XW) or maybe SMA products?  I currently have Xantrex XW6048 and Classic hardware but would like to grow the panel array and see the Hawkes Bay as a good way to reduce/eliminate combiner boxes and make use of the Sunspec capabilities for shutdown.  If it happens to improve communications between units that would be a nice added benefit. 

boB

Quote from: jbnMidnite on May 03, 2021, 12:01:59 PM
Considering that there will be a com box and the Hawke's Bay is a canbus protocol, does that mean there is potential for it to communicate with Xantrex XW (now the Schneider Conext XW) or maybe SMA products?  I currently have Xantrex XW6048 and Classic hardware but would like to grow the panel array and see the Hawkes Bay as a good way to reduce/eliminate combiner boxes and make use of the Sunspec capabilities for shutdown.  If it happens to improve communications between units that would be a nice added benefit.

Wouldn't that be great if it did that ?

We have talked with these other companies about communications but for things like this, they all seem to not want anybody to communicate directly with their products on their bus.

Hopefully that could change some day but I would not hold my breath.   

We do however communicate directly with the SMA Sunny Island for using Classics as solar charge controllers so could actually be able to do that with the newer controllers I suppose.

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

jtdiesel65

Any news?

Is there a eta on when it will hit stores?

thx

FNG

Mario, The lead engineer on the Hawkes Bay and Barcelona is here at our site for 2 weeks working out some of the final bugs and kinks. I believe we will see a Barcelona and a Hawkes bay running here Saturday. If my memory is correct these should be going to ETL in a few weeks. Will have to get some pictures. I just got done watering the array to cool it and get the VOC right to 595