Firmware update "Classic is disconnected"

Started by 78xsive, December 27, 2020, 08:26:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

78xsive

I have a classic 150 I am trying to update and I get "Classic is disconnected" at the bottom of the update utility every time. 
Things I've tried:
Used 3 different computers - all Win10 (Desktop on network, Laptop and Surface Pro direct with static IP's)
The local app works great on all devices.
Tries to clear "dead com ports" had none
Set com port to 8 and 12 (was 1)
Current Ver installed is 2126/2122
Any suggestions would be appreciated

Bob S.
Classic 150, MagnaSine 4448, 18.4kwh Kokam Li-Ion 4.6kw MissionSolar Mods.

Vic

Hello Bob,  Welcome to the Forum.

So,  you ARE using a USB Cable to connect the computer to the Classic,  right?

Have you tried a different USB cable?   Shorter,  can be better.

You might try disconnecting the Cat cable from the Ethernet port at the Classic.

Out of guesses,  for now,   have never seen this message,   and cannot try to replicate it here.

Good Luck, Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

boB

So, Bob, you are following the directions in that, the Classic is turned OFF when instructed and on when instructed ?

Do you see on the WIN 10 updater that the USB ever did connect to the Classic before getting the disconnected message ?

The updater and the new code is located in the same directory ? 

And all that....

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

78xsive

Thanks guys for putting me on the right track.  Mission accomplished.
I was trying to do it though the network with the files on an USB drive plugged into the classic.  Being a network engineer, it made sense to me.  lol

Bob Shaw

Vic

Hi Bob,

Good work!   Thanks for the update,   errr   the Classic likes the Update,   and thanks for letting us know.

Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

boB

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me