Classic 150 - PV Voltage Incorrect - Refuses to Bulk/Charge

Started by CayoPV, March 21, 2021, 04:35:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CayoPV

So I have an installation with a Classic 150 that the PV Voltage is reading an average of 24V higher than it should. It's also not wanting to bulk. It just clicks for a few seconds in an attempt to bulk, switches to rest for a bit, then attempts the process again. Endlessly looping.

The VOC I read with the Fluke is around 115V. The Midnite reads 139V. All connections are tight and properly sized. It's not a resistance/poor connection issue as far as I can tell.

The system was working fine. Or so I thought (client installation). Checked the logs and it's only charged every other day. What's with that? The log shows some days 9.7-11VPC max for an entire day. 0 kWh.

The following or preceding day it's showing ~139VPC and charged perfectly fine.

It's not working today but based on the log pattern, it should work tomorrow fine.

Any thoughts?

boB

Uh Oh.  Doesn't sound good.

There is a voltage offset adjustment in the Classic BUT  this amount of difference has to be something else wrong with it I would guess.

Bad resistor in a voltage divider maybe ?

If it were a voltage reference issue, then I would think that the battery voltage would also be off some.

Is the battery voltage reading more or less correct ?

If it is broken, then our support people can take care of you.

Sorry this has happened !
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

ClassicCrazy

If it is charging every other day - maybe the Skip Days setting is set ?

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

boB

Quote from: ClassicCrazy on March 21, 2021, 11:03:34 PM
If it is charging every other day - maybe the Skip Days setting is set ?

Larry

That's a great thought, Larry....

But even on skip days, it should at least float.

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me