Midnite 150 won't turn on

Started by NickOz31, March 28, 2021, 03:08:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NickOz31

Hi, i have 2 midnite classic 150s side by side, each on separate solar, both running off the same battery bank and selectronic inverter. 1 of the classics will not power up, no leds on, everything blank. The other classic is working normal. Is there an internal fuse? Any ideas would be great, thank you in advance

boB

Hi.

There is no internal fuse on the Classic.   Could be a component that went poof though with the same effect as a blown fuse.

First make sure there is voltage getting to the battery terminals.

You may need to call our support line or leave a message OR email  support@midnitesolar.com

They should receive your email early if not even this weekend.

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

KyleM

NickOz31  the magic number for the Classic to boot up is 10.5 volts. If you have anything less than that the Classic will not start up.
Check the voltage at the blue terminal block from the screws. That will tell you if the voltage is reaching the Classic or not. 
If you need more help please give us a call.
-Kyle

australsolarier

kyle,
selectronic inverter has no 12V version so he has at least a 24V, most like 48V inverter

bee88man

Quote from: australsolarier on April 16, 2021, 06:26:21 PM
kyle,
selectronic inverter has no 12V version so he has at least a 24V, most like 48V inverter

It doesn't matter the operating voltage...10.5 volts is low end theashhold to come to life.

Some have bench tested the Midnite Classlics with a simple seriesed pair of 9 volt transistor batteries.

Like was said, voltage reading at blue terminals answers the question. Good volts at blue terminals without LEDs lit means CC is kaput!!!

boB

The battery startup voltage of the Classic is more like 9.0 volts to 9.5 volts.

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

australsolarier

bee88man
well, a 24V or 48V battery is very unlikely to have 9V only.

and if the batteries had below 9V, they would be totally destroyed and you would absolutely certainly not primarily worry about the midnite not starting.

boB

What you can try is to temporarily connect the PV positive to the battery positive to get the battery up a little higher in voltage.

Then disconnect the PV from battery and back to the PV input again where it should start up.

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me