update 1811 problem

Started by dlnelsonroca, April 02, 2021, 04:20:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boB

A couple possible reasons to get this I think I am hearing...

Windows saw the KID as a USB DRIVE and wrote a system index file to it ???

or

You have the KID plugged into a PC  ?

Try this...

turn off KID, hold SETUP BUTTON, turn on KID

FORCED UPDATE MODE...

But have USB unplugged first

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

dlnelsonroca

I believe so. I followed all the directions to bring the unit to FORCED UPDATE, and then open the windows 10 installation program that I downloaded from the midnite website, and it says it's waiting for the update for the computer, then connecting the computer to the unit. And it almost immediately goes to BAD FIRMWARE. A few times it quit repeatedly opening the window and sounded like it was going to install. But then I look and it I get the BAD FIRMWARE message again. I've tried it multiple times now. I thought I read somewhere that it might work after multiple tries, but so far no luck. It did work before a week ago from 1811 to 1864 when I followed the instructions above, but when I reset it for the default setting it went to the 1864 BAD FIRMWARE message, and is stuck there now.

FNG

I would email kylem@midnitesolar.com he is our resident guru on the kid, if he cant fix it then it probably needs a trip to the doctors

KyleM

At this point in time since you were able to update it before and are still seeing error it is time to send it on for inspection.

We can erase the drive and install new Firmware on it at a board level.

There might be some other hardware issues as well that we can not see off the scope.

http://www.midnitesolar.com/ticket/ticket_index.php  feel free to create a Support Ticket if you can not reach us during normal hours.

-Thanks