My Midnite2 showing intermittent logging, one hour on then off then on

Started by Grove15, April 04, 2021, 12:48:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grove15

When viewing the graph for my two Classic 150s they both show logging just missing about every hour. Both plugged into a network switch that has other devices on it that show no dropped connection when they fail to log data to MyMidnite2.com (Tried unplugging those devices to make sure they aren't impacting traffic)

Also, If I power on one of them an hour after the other they are alternating which hour each of them is missing so I can't see it being a network issue outside of the Classics. Seems like something internal to the Classic or how they're configured. (very stock settings, Solar, LIFEPO4 voltages set, network enabled) These are new devices less than a month old. Each to a different string. They show fine on their display during the time they're not logging to MyMidnite2.com

I searched for "intermittent" and "every other hour" on the forum but don't see others with a similar issue. Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thank you!

KyleM

Are you also using the Local Application to monitor the Classic?

If you are, does it show the same disconnecting behavior?

-Kyle

Resthome

I don't see MyMidnite logging any data today. The site connects but there is no data for today. The latest data I'm seeing is from Sunday 4/4/21 at 7:11am PDT. Kyle is there work being done on the site ??
John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000
Off Grid on Houseboat Lake Don Pedro, CA

Vic

We have two sites reporting into MM;  one site is current,  with data from a few minutes ago.   The other site has no data since 7:09 AM Sunday 4/4/21.   Perhaps there are different Servers,   some working fine,  and some not ??  I know absolutely nothing of networking,   data serving,  etc,  however.

FWIW,   Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

Resthome

Thanks Vic. Apparently something happened on Sunday as they where doing maintenance on a server.  I just now got a bunch of data for today. Not all but a lot. Some of the missing data from today was me trying to trouble shoot the issue on my end. Anyway it appears to be back working for now.. 
John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000
Off Grid on Houseboat Lake Don Pedro, CA

KyleM

I have confirmed that there was an event that caused some communication and latency issues. We are working on getting this sorted out.

We should be back to normal very soon.

-Kyle

Vic

Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

boB

I looked at the graph and couldn't tell anything was missing except for no power at night.

Guess I'm not a MM kinda guy  :D
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Grove15

I haven't used the local app since testing it before creating the MyMidnite2.com account for logging. I'll open it up again and see what it shows.
The app uses the single network connection available for monitoring but doesn't compete with the website MyMidnite2.com logging correct?

I did see the same lag others saw recently as well but had assumed it was just me till checking the forum again.

I'm still seeing the ~50 minute drop and ~50 minute logging repeating wherever it is connected to the network.
Unplugged and reconnected both units at about the same time and they show the same gaps. Still not exactly timed up since I was messing with cables still trying to figure out these gaps.

Viewing the graphs is a bit odd at first. The scale at the bottom is a little misleading. The highlighted area in the small graph is the selection for a zoomed in area for the actual large graph, which is shown in hours when first loaded. You can scroll the highlighted area back days as they are labeled at the bottom but the small graph is the one that shows the large time scale. The large graph is in hours and when hovering the mouse you can see the far left box show the timestamp wherever the mouse cursor is.

Attached are three pictures when hovering the mouse cursor over the start, end, and start again of a logged section. The start time as you can see in the far left box, is at April 5 13:20:11 and the end of that section is at April 5 14:15:28
Then there's nothing logged till April 5 15:05:15 when you see data again. The gaps are about 50 minutes long and the timescale for the large graph is in hours. A zoomed in section highlighted in the smaller graph below. Mouse cursor showing as a vertical line at the beginning, end, and next start of logging in the screenshots.

Grove15

Also exported data from the website and looked for timestamp differences larger than the normal 5 minute reporting. Column Y in the attached file shows gaps of 49-50 minutes between reported data to MyMidnite2.com

These look to me like just gaps in data.
Any advice?