aux 2 whizbang, aux 2 input, and follow me

Started by jtdiesel65, April 08, 2021, 04:16:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jtdiesel65

IIUC, aux 2 is the only place to connect the whizbangjr and the only aux that accepts an input to trigger the controller to move to float. So either one or the other. What if you have two classics in followme, one setup with whizbangjr and one set up for input? Will both controllers stop absorb with end_amps=shunt since they are in follow me. Also, will both controllers move to float if the CC setup for aux input is triggered?

thx

ClassicCrazy

Take a look here , some of the topics might help answer some of your questions
http://www.midniteftp.com/support/kb/faq.php?cid=1

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

jtdiesel65

It seems the answer is no if the input puts the classic into "rest".  Rest is not a followme state. If the input puts the classic into float, then it should work. But I didn't find an exact answer.

boB

If the Classic will force to float from Aux 2 input, then the follow me should cause the other Classic(s) to follow me to float from that input.

I seem to remember that there is an Aux 2 input to stop charging so that would be the same as Resting but you are correct that Follow Me does not tell the other Classic(s) to do that.

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me