News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

Growatt inverters

Started by The Ugly One, April 10, 2021, 01:03:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Ugly One

Someone has asked me if they should buy the growatt inverters to use amfor they off grid battery based system. They bought like 7 sunny islands and now are in the mix of trying to set it all up. They dont have any charge controllers yet. Indont trust off wall names that catches peopmes atention but like growatt inverters. Why impliment the wording grow with thentitle. That and thenad fornthem doesnt make me feel any better.
I take them Ray Rays, and turn them into that Boom Boom Zap Juice.

boB

Definitely heard of the Growatt inverter but don't know much about them.

There is quite a bit I think, on YouTube about these.

Here is one review from someone with a lot of viewers.

https://youtu.be/V0peZR8AyaU

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

The Ugly One

Bob,
I do respect your input on my posts, and I do listen to your knkwledge, knowing it greatly surpasses mine. But I have an issue with peoples videos on the internet that have alot of "followers." If it is someone that is credited for their knkwledge and research. I will be keen to listen to. But my own personal issues/morals pushes me away from any one persons personal views on a product. (Ive seen people tell everyone to jumper 48v forklift batteries with a car charger 6 cells at a time. When ive personally informed hundreds of people how to start the dead battery via the inverters stated method in the manual. But the easy find a car battery and charge the battery 6 cells at a time for so many hrs, is a joke to someone who has to start a generator to do just that.) So it is nothing I have against you or anyone closely associated with midnite solar. I appreciate everything you guys do to help out.  Now with that being said. I have watched all midnites videos... Even the one where they run over the charge controller. But I am not going to watch this film quite yet. ( I will probably in a day when I drive to where i get better internet.

The U One

boB

I noticed he had lots of views so thought that might be just fine.

I saw another video where they took the inverter apart.  I much prefer those kinds of reviews.  I'm geeky that way.

I have see a few hybrid Chinese/Taiwanese inverters and they do seem to be OK so far though.  Nothing major and kind of interesting.

That kind of makes me think that the Growatt might also in be that OK category.   Not 100% on that though. Not enough time to know !

:) :)

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

The Ugly One

I guess what it comes down to is a few key things.
1. Growth has the same advertisement look to it as all the other quickly made with cheaper/not up for the abuse, type of parts. Kinda looks like the usinvert inverters, or the US power brand ones.( those might not be the real names of the cheaper made ones.) But they will rarely make it into a real solar shop that is proud with what they sell.
2. So when I set up a system from scratch. I make it damn near Bullet proof. I way oversize the conductors, 4 awg 300 ft span from panel to charger. And I buy the more higher end equipment. I do all this because if I am counting on a machine to keep my house warm and power going during a winter storm. I like knowing no matter what the issue is. 90% of the time all that is needed is to hard power down the machine. Walk away for 30-60 seconds. And then power it back on. And no problem. Instead someone connects up a battery terminal with all the loads drawing as soon as it touched the wire to leads. And now you have another ok machine that is no longer usable. That is what I avoid. Not saying I haven't completely destroyed equipment learning what went wrong.  But that is after I replaced it and not during a power outtage.

And the one last thing is if a machine can do everything possible. How good is it actually doing. If it has 100% but does 10 jobs. How good are those 10 jo s. But if it has 1 job it does 100% every time. .