MNEPV 150VDC 15A Breaker as a DC circuit breaker

Started by schroew, April 17, 2021, 01:11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

schroew

I wired up a Powerwerx Anderson power pole strip to my battery ( buck converter 24v->12v) but I never put a breaker in the circuit to protect against over current from a short etc. There are blade style fuses in the power strip but I was worried about the power leads from the battery bank up to the power strip.
Can I use a MNEPV 150V 15A breaker for this or is there a better product?

ClassicCrazy

A midnite breaker would work perfect for this - but you could also just put a fuse in the output line of your buck converter too.
Since you are talking about using a 15 amp breaker then the wire feeding your power pole strip should be 14 gauge or larger . If the wire is 12 gauge you could go to 20 amp breaker or fuse.
That is if I am following correctly how you have this wired - battery to buck converter to power pole strip ?
You would also need a fuse or breaker at battery to protect wire to your buck converter but wouldn't need to to fuse after that buck converter after that as long as none of the wire is below the fuse rating.

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

schroew

I used what I had on hand which was 10GA wire. Thanks for the reply!!