classic, epanel and inverter environmentals

Started by beardedowl, June 21, 2021, 08:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beardedowl

Can the classic, epanel and an inverter be installed in a barn?  The barn is dry but open to some wind, dust, humidity  etc.  Or should I build out a closet inside the barn to enclose the solar equipment?

Robin

A barn is a fine place to install a Classic, E-Panel and some inverter. You need to be careful about critters though. What inverter are you planning on using?
How small are the critters that may want to take up residence in the nice warm enclosure?
We worry about Geckos in Hawaii. The Classic vents are small enough that Geckos are not an issue. Mice usually are not a problem, but you want to make sure you do not have exposed cables.
Robin Gudgel

qrper

Quote from: Robin on June 21, 2021, 08:48:26 PM
A barn is a fine place to install a Classic, E-Panel and some inverter. You need to be careful about critters though. What inverter are you planning on using?
How small are the critters that may want to take up residence in the nice warm enclosure?
We worry about Geckos in Hawaii. The Classic vents are small enough that Geckos are not an issue. Mice usually are not a problem, but you want to make sure you do not have exposed cables.

I've never been to Hawaii, but I think I could deal with the Geckosâ€"provided they don't try and sell me car insurance every 15 minutes.

mike
System one: 7kWp w/ Trina 250 W panels @90 Vdc. Classic 150 to 16-6 V U.S batteries. Trace 5548 sine wave inverter.
System two: 6kWp grid tie with solaredge inverter.
System three: Midnite Brat, two 120 W Astropower modules, 100 Ah battery. Runs the LED streetlight in the back yard.