MNGP - wonky behaviour

Started by Vern Faulkner, June 29, 2021, 08:23:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vern Faulkner

Evenin' folks. Been quite a while .... but I have a problem I'd like some insight on.

Basic deets: Eight-year-old Classic 150; pushing nine modules static into 12 VDC.

The MNGP stopped working: the only thing that would work is that pressing an arrow button would backlight the LCD display. I seem to recall emailing someone at Midnite, and they said the MNGP was borked, gotta spend $300 for a new one.

I controlled it though local app, and didn't worry until I had some issues with the auto-equalize not working as I had set it.

Updated to the 2018 updates, for both the firmware and MNGP. After the VMM, the buttons seemed to work, but once I saved - nada. And to make matters worse, if I hit the <enter> button on the MNGP, the classic stars blaring an alert signal that will only go away if I kill the power.

Thoughts and potential solutions? And if a new MNGP costs $300, why not buy a new classic and be done with it, leave the second for a follow-me without an MNGP or something (since I plan on adding nine more modules and going 24vdc in the near-ish future.)

Vic

Hi Very,

Stateside,  this is the cost of the MNGP:
https://www.solar-electric.com/clgrpa.html

There would be shipping,  of course.  BUT probably would not be $300 Cdn.

FWIW.   Cannot say anything meaningful about the behaviors that you are seeing with the MNFP/Classic.

Good Luc,   Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

ClassicCrazy

Why don't you try the newest updates on the Midnite site for both Classic and MNGP ?

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

FNG

Vern,
That seems WAY expensive, if you email me ryan@midnitesolar.com I can quote you an MNGP for this

Ryan

Vern Faulkner

Quote from: ClassicCrazy on June 29, 2021, 10:58:53 PM
Why don't you try the newest updates on the Midnite site for both Classic and MNGP ?

Larry

Did that - unless there's something newer than the 2018 updates available off the main page?