Classic generator start/stop programing?with wizbang jr

Started by ALBIE, July 19, 2021, 11:38:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALBIE

I have Lithium batteries --24 volt system-----  Need to program the whiz-bang jr classic setting's to start generator at soc @35%  and ags off at soc@80% using aux settings
Not sure how to set soc settings

please comment
thanks
albie

Vic

Hi ALBIE,  Welcome to the Forum.

Have you looked at the Classic Manual?   Look under Aux 1 Modes,  it is on page 42 of the manual version, that I have.

Have not used this function for AGS,  here  ...   of course,  you will need a genset that can use a single wire for start/stop,  unless you get some form of AGS controller (IMO).

FWIW,   Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

SolarMusher

Quote from: ALBIE on July 19, 2021, 11:38:56 AM
I have Lithium batteries --24 volt system-----  Need to program the whiz-bang jr classic setting's to start generator at soc @35%  and ags off at soc@80% using aux settings
Not sure how to set soc settings

please comment
thanks
albie
Hi Albie,
You don't really need AGS to start your genset. If the genset is two wires start, you just have to add a single relay (or DC solid state relay) and control this relay On/Off from the Classic Aux1 (SOC).
Nothing too complicated. As Vic said take look at the Classic manual.
Erik
Off Grid with 4kw PV | 2x Classic 200/WBjr | 2x Outback VFX3648 Epanel | 3x SPD300 + 1x Schneider HEPD80 | Hub + Mate + PSX-240 | Volthium 400Ah/51.2V LFP battery bank + Trimetric | 1500 watts AC water heater | Kubota 11kw GL diesel generator