Problem with aux 1 sticking relay ?

Started by Narrowboat boy, August 08, 2021, 02:42:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Narrowboat boy

Hi guys

Been enjoying my classic all summer but just recently more strange happenings . Twice now I have had to do a full reboot to correct an issue where the aux 1 output has refused to switch on even though all the conditions are met . Reboot seems to clear it but is this. Known firmware bug ? Was fine up until recently but I have now started to use waste not feature I anger through an ssr for hot water and it’s worked really well until last couple of weeks when it has started to refuse to turn on until rebooted

Thoughts ?

Simon
Nb whodathoughtit
Off grid boater with 6 x 270w Perlight delta black panels , Midnite Classic 150 ,Whizbang Jr /
Victron Phoenix Multiplus 120/12/3000 inverter /charger combo , 5 x Victron 110 Ah Deep Cycle AGM Batteries , Honda 2.2eui back up gennie

boB

Hi Simon...

What Aux 1 mode are you running ?   

Are you using the voltage output from Aux 1 or the internal relay contact ?  Although if it was a stuck relay contact inside the Classic's Aux 1 output I don't see how rebooting it would un-stick that little relay contact.

The mode, on/off voltage and on/off times and delay might be helpful here as there are several different aux modes.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Narrowboat boy

Using waste not mode to switch on a ssr to heat water when Voltage hot pre set point , it’s in voltage mode not dry contact mode to switch the ssr been working great , delay is 30 secs to try again if v falls below offset point . Works fine all day then,not suddenly refuses to come back on . Firmware issue maybe  ?
Off grid boater with 6 x 270w Perlight delta black panels , Midnite Classic 150 ,Whizbang Jr /
Victron Phoenix Multiplus 120/12/3000 inverter /charger combo , 5 x Victron 110 Ah Deep Cycle AGM Batteries , Honda 2.2eui back up gennie

boB

Quote from: Narrowboat boy on August 08, 2021, 02:57:50 PM
Using waste not mode to switch on a ssr to heat water when Voltage hot pre set point , it’s in voltage mode not dry contact mode to switch the ssr been working great , delay is 30 secs to try again if v falls below offset point . Works fine all day then,not suddenly refuses to come back on . Firmware issue maybe  ?

Firmware issue is possible. 

Could you maybe take a picture of the screen(s) showing the settings and the voltage on the main status when it gets stuck ?

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

FNG

The offset number for PWM has to be negative not positive, This can cause issues if you have multiple chargers and you set it for a positive offset it will work sometimes

Narrowboat boy

Hi guys

Think I may have solved it , had a +ve number as the start setpoint relative to the absorb / float voltage , changed this to 0 and seems to be working properly now .

Thanks for your help , will let you know how i get on with it

regards
Simon

boB

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me