News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

Before I purchase SCC

Started by Simonbr, August 09, 2021, 10:07:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simonbr

I've decided to purchase a classic 150 and was looking at the SL version since I only need solar. I also want to get the whizbang jr to be able to control the current the battery will get after my loads steal some. The whizbang jr description says that if using the SL version I have to use the local app or an MNGP. Looking at both the 150 and 150-SL it looks like both unit already have a display, am I missing something?

Robin

Both versions work with the Whizbang air.
Robin Gudgel

ClassicCrazy

Quote from: Simonbr on August 09, 2021, 10:07:39 AM
I've decided to purchase a classic 150 and was looking at the SL version since I only need solar. I also want to get the whizbang jr to be able to control the current the battery will get after my loads steal some. The whizbang jr description says that if using the SL version I have to use the local app or an MNGP. Looking at both the 150 and 150-SL it looks like both unit already have a display, am I missing something?

Get the full Classic - you will be able to use better open source monitoring software much easier . Not sure the difference in price but it is worth the extra to save you a lot of hassle.
Others on the forum who have bought the SL said they wish they had gotten the full Classic model.

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

Simonbr

I just noticed that there is the classic, SL, and lite version. Lite version only has LED and no display, I guess that's why you need to purchase the display or use the local app. Its less then $100 so you pretty much sold me on the upgrade. Thank you for the info.

ClassicCrazy

Quote from: Simonbr on August 09, 2021, 11:09:45 AM
I just noticed that there is the classic, SL, and lite version. Lite version only has LED and no display, I guess that's why you need to purchase the display or use the local app. Its less then $100 so you pretty much sold me on the upgrade. Thank you for the info.

The Lite version hasn't been available for awhile.
Here is just one open source monitoring software
https://github.com/ClassicDIY

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable