HB voltage differs from System Status/MPPT voltages

Started by aaapilot, February 17, 2024, 02:46:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boB

Interesting.  I'm not sure why the HB is displaying that much higher of a voltage, especially if it is linked and the RBS is in place.

That's OK.  I can't know it all   :)

Thank you for the info.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

aaapilot

Quote from: boB on February 26, 2024, 01:33:24 PMInteresting.  I'm not sure why the HB is displaying that much higher of a voltage, especially if it is linked and the RBS is in place.

That's OK.  I can't know it all  :)

Thank you for the info.

boB

Hey, that's ok boB!  Really appreciate your insight and help. I'll figure it out eventually, just trying to give feedback as the engineers work out bugs/improvements in the software. ;D
_ _ _ _ _
Dave /:\

FNG

Quote from: aaapilot on February 26, 2024, 11:09:03 AM
QuoteTo me, the "system" voltage is 48V.   I am not sure what is meant by MPPT voltage in this context.

boB

I should be more clear when I say MPPT voltage.  Presss the MPPT key on the MNGP2.  There are 2 screens, MPPT status & Hawkes Bay.  The status screen displays the system/battery voltage, as do all other pages.  The Hawks Bay screen displays a HIGHER voltage, .3-.4 volts above the system/battery voltage.  This HIGHER voltage from this page is what triggers the change from Bulk to Absorb to Float when I'm charging with Solar.
Hm thats not how it should work, everything in the system is supposed to operate on the system voltage. I will chat with Mario today