News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

Hawke's Bay testing in Texas

Started by Highflyer, August 21, 2021, 06:29:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wizbandit

and somebody's been playing with the COMBOX...

boB

Great graphs !

Did you have a cloudy day ?

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Vic

Hi Jim,

Looks beautiful,   nice work!

Thanks,  Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

Highflyer

Jm,

All that data looks really good.  It shows a good understanding of the system state.

Very straight forward.

Any Idea when Beta comboxes are going to be available?  I would be glad to add one here is Texas.
Brian

The one thing is the one thing

FNG

Brian,
The data you see is a side project Jim is doing personally. Midnite is still in the design stages of sorting out a combox for the new products. Hopefully something will come together soon.

Ryan

Highflyer

Thanks for the clarification.  But it does show us the data available from Midnite stuff.  Very well defined and allows for good understanding when the Combox does arrive from Midnite.
Brian

boB

Quote from: Highflyer on December 01, 2022, 03:03:18 PM
Thanks for the clarification.  But it does show us the data available from Midnite stuff.  Very well defined and allows for good understanding when the Combox does arrive from Midnite.

I think that Jim has done a fine job on this !   Graphical and pretty nicely laid out too !

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Highflyer

Here is a quick update from Texas.

We finally got some sun today.  I have rearranged the arrays and Barcelona has the bigger array.  I'm seeing if an issue follows the array or device. Nothing big, just curious.

I updated the MNGP2 software yesterday and have been using it all day today.  There are still a few bugs, but it is much better.  I like being able to see the data all on one page.  The voice reports follow the data snapshot well. 

More as I learn it!
Brian

ClassicCrazy

Brian,
Does the mngp  backlight timeout work for you ?
I have it to 3 or 5 minutes but it always stays on .
Maybe that isn't enabled yet ?
Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

Vic

Quote from: ClassicCrazy on December 30, 2022, 01:17:44 AM
Brian,
Does the mngp  backlight timeout work for you ?
I have it to 3 or 5 minutes but it always stays on .
Maybe that isn't enabled yet ?
Larry

Hi Larry,

The Barcelona's LED Backlight never shuts off,  when set for a few minutes either  ...  assumed that it was not yet enabled.   FWIW.   Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.

FNG

I submitted a bug for this to the engineer on the MNGP2 and will let everyone know when we have a beta firmware to test

FNG

I tested mine on 1 min and 2 min both work and the backlight goes real dim into power saving. Can both of you try it at 1 min and see if it goes into a reduced backlight?

Highflyer

I'll test mine and see, I have been using it as a nightlight!

Brian

Vic

Quote from: FNG on December 30, 2022, 02:51:13 PM
I tested mine on 1 min and 2 min both work and the backlight goes real dim into power saving. Can both of you try it at 1 min and see if it goes into a reduced backlight?

Hi Ryan,

Have not yet retested it,  BUT,  previously,  the backlight DID DIM in approximtely the set time,  but was not completely exiinguished,  which was expected

Know, that LEDs have become much more efficient,  in the past decade,  compared to earlier ones,  so the impact on idle current,  is probably minimal.

Will retest it to comfirm,  in a bit.  73, Thanks,  VIc

ClassicCrazy

Quote from: FNG on December 30, 2022, 02:51:13 PM
Yes back light does seem to dim at 1 minute but not go out . I didn't try it at 2 minutes yet.
Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable