Midnite Solar Trade Show Display

Started by onanparts, August 29, 2021, 02:58:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

onanparts

Dropped in to MS last Thursday. It's now getting much more interesting as they are load/stress testing the new Inverters and CC's. So much so that I went back Friday! Here are some pics of the new Midnite Display for the trade shows. Hawks Bay, Barcelona, Rosie, and the DIY models. The Barcelona next to a Classic is a real eye opener! :)

Due to Covid many big names in RE have pulled out of the next SPI show in New Orleans next month, including MS. Robin plans an in house video in the next couple of weeks using the display/booth shown here for a virtual trade show presentation. Unlike most of their competition, their display is designed to be interactive! Yes, walk up and turn on/off various loads, lights, Air Compressors etc. and see the Inverters and Charge Controllers in action!

The Rosie is going to beat the B17 to market. Next week some serious load testing of Her and the B17 will be going on. I hope to be around and catch some of it. Might do another double header, 2 day visit, and will get lots of vids and pics! On this visit I did get to see Rosie do what my Radian does, pull a 9kW load, and it was not a surge load! She will NOT be rated at 9kW. She was going to be a 4kW Inverter, then 5, then 6....over the next few weeks of stress testing they will be able to determine what her ratings will end up at. Both the new Inverters are exceeding design expectations.

A 48V 6kW+ Rosie is certain.

Stay tuned!

I got the deluxe kit, it had a solar cell and a meter.

Midnite B17-10. 50kW Cont. 150kW Surge... Me/Myself/And/I

onanparts

Gordon wiring up a Rosie. He wears a bunch of hats around MS!
I got the deluxe kit, it had a solar cell and a meter.

Midnite B17-10. 50kW Cont. 150kW Surge... Me/Myself/And/I

Highflyer

Bummer to hear MNS is not going to SPI next month.  Looking forward to the videos to get a glimpse at all the new stuff and functionality.

Thanks for the pictures.  Great news to hear Rosie is almost ready. 
Brian

The one thing is the one thing

Robin

We have ETL scheduled for testing the HB and Barcelona for Sept and October. I have requested quotes on Sunspec rapid shutdown and now will get ETL scheduled for early December. I suspect the B17 testing to happen in January or February. Bob gave us a demonstration of a fully loaded B17 last week. It is so impressive we all couldn’t stop smiling. There is nothing like it anywhere!
Robin Gudgel

Highflyer

And Rosie, how is she doing?  When does she go to testing and certification?
Brian

The one thing is the one thing

boB

Quote from: Highflyer on August 29, 2021, 02:48:47 PM
And Rosie, how is she doing?  When does she go to testing and certification?

I'm not sure but it is VERY close to being able to go to ETL.

It works very well !

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Vic

Great news on all of the progress.

Beautiful stuff,  cannot wait!

Thanks for the pics,   onanparts.

Keep up all of that terrific work,  "guys".   73   Thanks again,  Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

Robin

I am hoping that December will be the month for ETL on the Rosie, but that doesn't allow for any slides. So, more than likely it will be the first of the year.
Robin Gudgel