News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

Ending Amps with WBJr and Multiple Classics

Started by malkierian, August 30, 2021, 03:23:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

malkierian

I have a system with 6 Classics of varying voltage connected in follow-me mode. I have one charge controller set to master in follow-me because that Classic has the WBJr connected to it. I recently discovered today that my batteries were being woefully undercharged, and as I went digging in the settings, I discovered they were all set to their own internal shunts in the settings at 1% (1950 AH bank, 19 ending amps). So I set the Master to the Shunt setting (to use the WBJr's data), but something that isn't mentioned in any manuals I can see is, should I disable the ending amps function on all but the master Classic, so that only the Master, which is able to see the overall picture, can change to float based on ending amps instead of time?
1st System: 12.5kw on 5 Classics (3 150s, 2 250s), 1 classic 250 with wind turbine, 2 stacked Magnum 4024PAE inverters.

2nd System: 1250W solar on 1 Classic 150, two DIY3024 running separate breaker boxes, one hooked up to Magnum output for AC charging.

boB

The Classic with the WB Jr., for Ending-Amps should be set to  WBJR and not SHUNT.

SHUNT is the internal Classic shunt which only sees what that Classic sees.

If you want that one Classic with the WB Jr. to tell ending amps, set its Ending Amps to your desired EA and all
of the other Classics to 0 Ending Amps and their Absorb TIME to some time that is at least longer than the Classic
with the WB Jr. connected to it.   Setting those Absorb Times to a long(er) time will help ensure that the WB Jr.
Classic will take precedence at ending the Absorb cycle and the other Classics should follow it into FLoat.

That is the way it is supposed to work anyway per my recollection.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

malkierian

The one with the WBJr doesn't have an option for "WBJR" in that, only "CLASC" and "SHUNT", and "SHUNT", as per the manual on the WBJr, is the one that uses the Whizbang data, but thanks for the confirmation.
1st System: 12.5kw on 5 Classics (3 150s, 2 250s), 1 classic 250 with wind turbine, 2 stacked Magnum 4024PAE inverters.

2nd System: 1250W solar on 1 Classic 150, two DIY3024 running separate breaker boxes, one hooked up to Magnum output for AC charging.

boB

OK...    I guess I forgot what it said.   :)

Besides that, leave all other Classics set to CLASC  and amps to 0.0 still and their time longer as well.

boB

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me