Classic cooling fan replace kit

Started by mike90045, September 18, 2021, 01:35:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike90045

So, the kit says older classics need the FET Bar removed to dig down to the fans.
Newer ones, have a farside access port for the replacement

Question is, what serial # defines Old vs New chassis  ?  any frontside visual clues ? 
#CL11788  ( it's not on the internet, ever )

http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar

Classic 200| 2Kw PV, 160Voc | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph )| Listeroid 6/1, st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | midnight ePanel & 4 SPDs | 48V, 800A NiFe battery bank | MS-TS-MPPT60 w/3Kw PV

boB

Good question.

But I have a feeling that SN  ~11,000 is not new enough to have the newer  rear fan  opening.

It will be obvious though if you look at the back of it.

I'll find out what serials that started at.

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

australsolarier

for me, it would be a major operation to change the fans. so i added external computer fans. the reasoning is to use the internal fans as little as possible.
with the added advantage that all the electronics and caps keep cooler and should last longer too.

boB

Quote from: australsolarier on October 02, 2021, 05:59:36 PM
for me, it would be a major operation to change the fans. so i added external computer fans. the reasoning is to use the internal fans as little as possible.
with the added advantage that all the electronics and caps keep cooler and should last longer too.

Great idea if that isn't too much trouble, AS.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

australsolarier

it is not much trouble at all. in the midnite for the 12V system the internal fans still come on occasionally under full output.
as a matter of fact all my inverters have fans underneath too. the fans are on a timer, some on temperature sensors.