Night time array voltage

Started by schroew, October 11, 2021, 11:44:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

schroew

One of my charge controllers is showing double the night pv volts (14.5) than the other controllers in the same system. The other controllers are around 7.2 which I was expecting. The oddball is on a metal roof while the others are ground mounted. Could the G2 solar storm cause this. I am on the south shore of lake superior.

schroew

dork I am. The panels on the roof are different than the ground. They have been at 14v at night for as long as I have data.
sorry

boB

Quote from: schroew on October 12, 2021, 09:54:52 AM
dork I am. The panels on the roof are different than the ground. They have been at 14v at night for as long as I have data.
sorry

Interesting...

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Vic

In my experience,    the PV apparent input voltage to the Classic at night,   depends on the total reverse leakage current of the PV modules.

Generally,   it seems,   that the more strings of PVs,  on a given Classic (or MX-60,  for that matter),  the lower will be that "input" voltage  --  all other things being equal.

FWIW,   Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

schroew

Bob has me worried now. I have higher wattage panels on the roof in two strings of three. Is there something wrong?

australsolarier

there more panels hooked up, the lower is that reverse voltage. it comes from the classic not the panels