News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

Rosie 6.8kW Load Continious for 2.5 Hrs..

Started by onanparts, September 29, 2021, 09:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

onanparts

I missed it last Friday! Andy bumped Rosie up to a 6.8kW load and left her there for 2 1/2 hours non stop! No problem! All the FETS stayed in the 60c range. Barely warm..:) Oh, not sure if I mentioned this yet? Weighed Rosie a week or two ago....

She looks like a big Girl with her E-Panel, but is a slender 41 lbs by herself. E-Panel was around 20 lbs. No back aches when installing her!!!! :)
I got the deluxe kit, it had a solar cell and a meter.

Midnite B17-10. 50kW Cont. 150kW Surge... Me/Myself/And/I

onanparts

Stopped in again at Midnite yesterday. Got to see and watch Rosie under a non stop 6.8kW thermal load test over a 3 hour period. Robin had Andy try a minor change in the cooling airflow of Rosie. Swapping the sides moved the air vents a few inches further away from the air intake fans. Result? 5c-7c drop on one of the inductors that was a bit on the warm side at 141c last Friday. Now at 134c-136c. Lowering internal temps at no cost is a win win! :)

Next week Robin plans to change out the 3D printed plastic inductor hold down bracket to the steel one that will be on all production versions. That along with the inductor leads upped from 12ga to 10ga may drop that warmer inductor another 2c or so? Updates more often as I've been dropping in twice a week lately. This is the FUN part! Stay Tuned! :)

I got the deluxe kit, it had a solar cell and a meter.

Midnite B17-10. 50kW Cont. 150kW Surge... Me/Myself/And/I

mike90045

Why use a steel ( magnetic ) bracket for an inductor ?  Would aluminum be strong enough ?
http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar

Classic 200| 2Kw PV, 160Voc | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph )| Listeroid 6/1, st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | midnight ePanel & 4 SPDs | 48V, 800A NiFe battery bank | MS-TS-MPPT60 w/3Kw PV