Midnite new diy inverter lithium settings

Started by mahendra, June 10, 2021, 07:49:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mahendra

So I was going through the new diy all in one inverters manual and noticed bulk equals absord and float which is 56.4v(if I am correct) for 48v system.
I am guessing this is for lithium with bms. So my question now is midnite considering a bms for lithium or do they ha e a lithium in the pipeline.
1.5kw on Midnite classic 150(whizbang jr.) networked 0.660kw on classic lite 200 ,180ah CALB Lifepo4 48v battery bank,123SmartBMS bms(top balanced) Outback vfx3648

boB

MidNite Solar is not going to offer a BMS for anything but our own batteries

It is just that typically, those settings for lithium batteries are all the same voltages and the BMS's take care of the rest

Some parameters may vary
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Paniolo

Most lithium batteries seem to come with their own BMS nowdays. The BMS knows the state of charge, so it should be able to report it to the charge controller. Still I'm trying to find out how to make that work, though. I like Fortress eFlex batteries which have BMS's that talk to one another.

boB

Quote from: Paniolo on August 24, 2021, 06:09:50 PM
Most lithium batteries seem to come with their own BMS nowdays. The BMS knows the state of charge, so it should be able to report it to the charge controller. Still I'm trying to find out how to make that work, though. I like Fortress eFlex batteries which have BMS's that talk to one another.

AFAIK, any lithium batter you buy with multiple cells in it must have a BMS.  This doesn't necessarily have to show state of charge though.

The BMS's primary function is to make sure the Li cells are balanced in at least, voltage.

They can have SOC or not.   Better if they can of course.

Some have an output to turn off the charger when the battery is full.

Some have communications which can be nice.

boB

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Paniolo

QuoteSome have communications which can be nice.
That's right. If the BCM has an integrated "fuel gauge" it makes it trivial (and more reliable for longer battery lifespan) to determine the state of charge of the battery.

boB

Quote from: Paniolo on September 01, 2021, 04:21:19 PM
QuoteSome have communications which can be nice.
That's right. If the BCM has an integrated "fuel gauge" it makes it trivial (and more reliable for longer battery lifespan) to determine the state of charge of the battery.

The MNBCM, that display with the LCDs is based on battery voltage and does not know current in or out.

That BCM also is only for lead acid batteries and lets you know when you have not done an Absorb charge for 1 or 2 weeks.

Lithium batteries do not need that charge cycle fortunately.

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me