need help with my midnite classic 150 showing no watts and no killowatt hours

Started by dwih2007, October 18, 2021, 04:55:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vic

OK,  thanks ...

So,  did the WbJr ever give reasonable readings of battery current and kWh,  Ah,  etc?

On the WbJr module,  mounted on your external shunt,  how often does the green LED flash?

Thanks,  Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

FNG

If the MNGP is not showing amps either than the current sense is broken. You will need to send it in for repair. Please email support@midnitesolar.com they will help you trouble shoot

dwih2007

where do i find the current sense on the board i would repair it myself

boB

Looks like it is displaying correctly

However the Classic is putting out less than one amp I think.

Not sure why the WB Jr is showing +0.7 amps ?   Is the purple WB Jr. wire pointing towards the batter negative terminal ?

I see that the PV input is about 75 to 80 volts.

Very important to know what the Voc is.  PV input voltage all by itself is necessary as well as Voc to see if the Classic is working at all.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

dwih2007

yes it is it wos working before and i did not change any wiring i only change battery to lithium

dwih2007

it put out more current in the day when the sun come out more but its not recording kilowatt

boB

Great !

Please note what the open circuit (Resting) voltage is of your PV array...   You can view this either on the 2nd stats screen or any time the Classic is resting for a moment.  It starts out unconnected which is that Voc voltage...   Then the Classic has to drag the input voltage down to somewhere around 80% of that or sometimes lower voltage in order to power fully in MPPT mode.

Absorb or Float will not drop the PV input voltage very much necessarily.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

dwih2007

sometimes 87v when it is night it show 22v sometime when mppt sweep it shows 100v

dwih2007

no its 3 in series and 4 of those series in parallel thats 12 panels which give me 3000 watts

boB

If the Voc is 87 volts and the Vmp is 85 to 87 volts, then the Classic may need to come in for service.

Might also be an open 20 Ohm resistor on the top control board.   This would keep the Classic from sweeping the PV voltage down from Voc.

There was a thread on this forum that talked about this.  Will try to find it.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Vic

Quote from: boB on October 21, 2021, 07:13:46 PM

If the Voc is 87 volts and the Vmp is 85 to 87 volts, then the Classic may need to come in for service.

Might also be an open 20 Ohm resistor on the top control board.   This would keep the Classic from sweeping the PV voltage down from Voc.

There was a thread on this forum that talked about this.  Will try to find it.

boB

Hi boB,

The following does touch on this resistor,  I think,  Reply  5 from you:
http://midniteftp.com/forum/index.php?topic=5052.msg46986#msg46986

FWIW  Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!