News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

DIY split phase

Started by tim, September 13, 2021, 01:00:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tim

Hey Midnighters...
I'm considering the most excellent Magnum PAE to get 120/240V on my new electric van and saw that you have a new light inverter/charger/MPPT product out. I do see that it's rebranded, but hey if you guys are gonna back it, that is good enough for me! So the question is are you gonna do a 120V/240V in a 24VDC chassis? If so, put me down for one right now!
OK, say hi to Sami, boB, Robin and the rest from Whidbey!
Tim Economu

boB

Hey Tim !!

So good to hear from you !

Yes, of course we are going to do  24V but right now it's just 48V.   24V will come right after 48V is shipping I believe.

You need to come up and see us !   Then we can show you what we have and will have.   You have to see what we are doing now.

Yes, the re-branded DIY series is from China but it works very well.  And yes, we are backing it !  Support and all that stuff !

Hope you are all well and we need to connect on VHF and/or UHF now that you are licensed.

Lots of hams on this forum as well.

So cool you came to say hi !

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

tim

OK, thanks for the invite boB... will come up maybe next month to see what you guys are up to. Super glad to see you got the old OB buildings...how great is that!?
Just to be clear, you are going to do split phase on the DIY inverter right? The van needs 240V for the EVSE and 120V for the rest of the loads.
t

Robin

Hi Tim, the split phase diy will be shipping next March. It will be 48v. You may need to get your old design from Magnum. For those that don’t know Tim, he designed the DR inverter at Trace and then the Magnum inverters also.
Robin Gudgel

dapdan

boB,

I dont see the split phase. which march were you refering to.

;D