Voltage sense adjustment.

Started by littleharbor2, November 16, 2021, 08:33:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

littleharbor2

I am building a Lifepo4 battery bank and know how sensitive these batteries are to over voltage (found out the hard way)
My question is how do I adjust the battery voltage sensing on the Classic? Now it reads about .2 volts lower than the actual battery voltage, checked with my Fluke meter. The voltage reading on my Trace Sw4024 and Bogart Trimetric is correct but they aren't the ones doing the charging.
I'm confident that connections are tight but will verify today. The distance between CC and batteries is only about 3 feet.
12 Suntech 175's
   Classic 200
   Bogart Tri Metric
   Trace SW 4024 (brand new, sort of, first energized Feb. 2015)
  460 Ah. 24 volt LiFePo4  Battery bank

Steve_S

TWEAKS Menu, Offset VBatt is where to set the voltage offset difference.

BUT, the differential should be tested in 2 ways...  1st, while the system is pulling a "normal" (the usual common load) so that you know what the difference will be during Discharge.  Then again when Charging is ongoing (with normal loads, as above).

For the Classic, you are interested in the difference value during charge.  The classic cares nothing about discharge issues.  The Inverter though is where the Differential during Discharge really counts as you want to be certain you do not reach the BMS LVD Cutoff.  It is always best to prempt having the BMS forcing a cutoff due to conditions.

littleharbor2

12 Suntech 175's
   Classic 200
   Bogart Tri Metric
   Trace SW 4024 (brand new, sort of, first energized Feb. 2015)
  460 Ah. 24 volt LiFePo4  Battery bank