News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

BatteryChargeStatus

Started by EnoughToBeDangerous, December 12, 2021, 03:26:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EnoughToBeDangerous

I seem to have lost the percentage of battery charge on my display following a dc battery drain event. Is there a setting that I have to verify configuration of to get that back? I though I was seeing it prior to the event on one of the "main" display screens.

- Wizbang is showing data and AH  (in this case showing 227 AH remaining) and SOC shows 56%.

Any bone's you could throw on the subject would be much appreciated.

ClassicCrazy

Display on what ? MNGP screen ?
If the Classic was off it will take until the next time the batteries fill up again to Float before the SOC reads properly.
Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

boB

IF you know that your battery is charged up to 100 % SOC, there is a button in one of the extra WB Jr. menus to force it to go to 100%.

The other way it forces to 100% SOC is to let the Classic run an Absorb cycle and go to Float stage which should reset it to 100%

You could temporarily change the Absorb time to a couple of minutes and force a BULK charge to get it to do that too.

But only if you think your batteries are fully charged.   Finding the actual battery capacity in Amp-Hours is a bit of a different story but can also be found if you charge the batteries up as full as you can and discharge a known number of Amp-Hours until the battery voltage or specific gravity indicates an equivalent discharge amount and calculate the newly found capacity accordingly.

Not hard to do but takes a bit of time so the battery isn't discharged too quickly.

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me