Firmware flaw in Classics version 2193 network revision 2122

Started by richard@ttmg.com, December 18, 2021, 12:02:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richard@ttmg.com

I have identified a firmware flaw in the Classic units when trying to get data to appear on the mymidnite2 website.
You can register the Classic but no data will be available on the website. The local status application is not affected.
The flaw is caused if you enter in a secondary DNS address. If you enter only a primary DNS address and leave the secondary as 0.0.0.0 the units will report to mymidnite2.
If however you enter in a second DNS address, the units will stop sending data.
If you have this issue make sure you reboot the classic after making the change.

It has taken me several months of diagnostic work to finally figure out what the issue was caused by.

I have tried opening support tickets but the support ticket system doesn't not work.

boB

WoW !   That is a great find.   Thank you for that.

So, what seems to be the issue with the ticket reporting system ?

boB

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

FNG

The DNS 2 is a DNS over ride, This should always be 0.0.0.0 unless you can not call into My mindite then it should be set for the IP address of My midnite. This is a feature not a bug as such. I thought it was labeled well and explained on My Midnite but will have to look into that better.

Can you tell us what difficulty you are having with the ticket system?

FNG

I just finished a battery of tests on our online ticket system with no issues, If you can let us know the issue you are experiencing I can dig deeper.