Heart broken

Started by sdmasterson, December 21, 2021, 12:09:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdmasterson

Tonight I learned midnight was rolling out a new line.  I was super excited.  I revere midnight to be better than victron.  I instantly got on to see this new line.  I love all in one units.  As I was reading the description I quickly saw made in china for midnight :(.  As I looked at the pic of the unit I knew it looked familiar.   these all in one units apear to be made by the same company that makes the 48v renogy all in one.  I hope someone proves me wrong.

Saggys

I have read SRNE is the parent company. I may upgrade? my Trace this spring so I am interested in this line as well. Victron appears to work well with the battery chemistry that I will be using so I am also looking at that too.

boB

Yes, SRNE makes the DIY series.

I have heard that some do not like the Renogy inverters and that they are the same but I do not know for sure.

What is it about the Renogy version that people do not like ?   I have not heard anything specific.

Would like to know.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

qrper

I am holding out for Rosie to get a dress on and come to the party..

Mike
System one: 7kWp w/ Trina 250 W panels @90 Vdc. Classic 150 to 16-6 V U.S batteries. Trace 5548 sine wave inverter.
System two: 6kWp grid tie with solaredge inverter.
System three: Midnite Brat, two 120 W Astropower modules, 100 Ah battery. Runs the LED streetlight in the back yard.

Saggys

What is the power rating  on the Rosie? Will it work well with Nickel Iron voltage range?

FNG

Looks like 6-7kw and last I heard it will not work with nickle iron as it will not go high enough in DC voltage but maybe some one else will chime in

Steve_S

Same OEM as Renogy ? !
I won't bother mentioning this line of product now that I know this.
Renogy Rep says it all, sadly, due diligence when selecting an OEM should include what product they put out and who markets it.  And then see how well that all holds up.  Renogy's single issue is the atrocious service, support & tech help... Sadly much of their gear is "Value Grade" at best. 

Sigineer, Yiyen, Voltronix and a few others would have been a far better option for a Midnite Value DIY line.

You may start having some Deja-Vu with these if you haven't already... remember other "short lived" products done on the cheap.

boB

Quote from: Steve_S on December 22, 2021, 03:44:21 PM
Same OEM as Renogy ? !
I won't bother mentioning this line of product now that I know this.
Renogy Rep says it all, sadly, due diligence when selecting an OEM should include what product they put out and who markets it.  And then see how well that all holds up.  Renogy's single issue is the atrocious service, support & tech help... Sadly much of their gear is "Value Grade" at best. 

Sigineer, Yiyen, Voltronix and a few others would have been a far better option for a Midnite Value DIY line.

You may start having some Deja-Vu with these if you haven't already... remember other "short lived" products done on the cheap.

Thank you Steve.   But still not sure what problems exist with the actual SRNE inverters themselves ?

Renogy service would not be part of it of course.  That is not MidNite Solar.

I DID however just watch Will Prowse's video on YT about the inverter limited to 145 Voc PV input and no lower end mounting holes in that inverter.

There is evidently a menu stated in the manual (?)  about selecting the priority of AC grid input vs. PV input for charging that he evidently did not know about.

I would still like to know of real issues with the SRNE inverters.  We have had a couple of them come back out of hundreds of them.  One of them had a blank display I know and I think that some kind of firmware upgrade may have even fixed that ?

Someone should maybe complain about a MidNite DIY inverter/charger instead of Renogy's inverter.   Maybe the MNS DIY inverter is better than what Renogy sells ?

boB

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Saggys

What is the power rating  on the Rosie? Will it work well with Nickel Iron voltage range?

Saggys

Sorry for duplicate post, small phone and bad eyes!

boB

Quote from: Saggys on December 22, 2021, 08:03:37 PM

It would work with Nickel Iron but not if the series connection of batteries requires the high 60V range.

Higher than say 63V or 64V is not going to happen.

However, down to the lower 40V range should be fine for the Rosie.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

onanparts

Quote from: Saggys on December 22, 2021, 08:03:37 PM

Take a look in the Rosie sub forum here:
http://midniteftp.com/forum/index.php?board=68.0
I got the deluxe kit, it had a solar cell and a meter.

Midnite B17-10. 50kW Cont. 150kW Surge... Me/Myself/And/I

Saggys

Thanks guys, I will check the sub forum. I only have a 24 volt system so maybe it will do 19volts to 33volts if I am lucky.

dapdan

Midnite,

I am interested in the 24V DIY but would like a higher PV voltage threshold. are there any plans to upgrade this or should I wait on the split phase variant to have a higher PV input voltage. Although I really need it now and not a year from now.  ::)

boB

Quote from: dapdan on January 18, 2022, 11:27:40 AM
Midnite,

I am interested in the 24V DIY but would like a higher PV voltage threshold. are there any plans to upgrade this or should I wait on the split phase variant to have a higher PV input voltage. Although I really need it now and not a year from now.  ::)

Guessing here, Dan...

For the DIY series, unless SRNE themselves make a smaller All In One (AIO) hybrid inverter/charger, that may well not happen ?

They will change some things for us but that is something that they would most likely need to change for their whole product line.

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me