Midnite classic 250 follow me ports

Started by The Ugly One, January 05, 2022, 07:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Ugly One

I am curious as to why in the manual pg 18. It states that I can use any 2 pair (4 wire) phone cable to connect my classics together for follow me. But midnite solar sells the 3 pair (6 wire) cable to do the job. Is there anything we are missing with only using 2 pairs...

Side question... What is the pin layout refer to packets of information for the follow me ports...

Thanks everyone for helping!
I take them Ray Rays, and turn them into that Boom Boom Zap Juice.

ClassicCrazy

I think you only need the 2 outer wires if you are using the MNGP because they are for the led lights on it.
Pretty sure I only used 4 wire cables ( telephone type) on my Classics for follow me .
Here is info
http://www.midnitesolar.com/pdfs/network_wiring_classic.pdf
Diagram 11 on page 67 of Classic manual shows the pinouts of the three jacks. The bottom two jacks show no connection for the two outer wires

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

boB

Larry is correct about the 2 outside wires.

Those are used for the bottom 2 LEDs on the MNGP remote for the Classic and only come from the TOP RJ11 jack inside the Classic.

The other two jacks do not connect to those 2 outside wires.

Might as well have all 6 wires as long as we are giving or selling a cable I suppose in case you want to run the MNGP remote away from the Classic.

It's not very long but....

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me