Barcelona & Hawke's Bay Pass UL1741 Certification by ETL Today

Started by onanparts, February 09, 2022, 10:15:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

onanparts

Both the Barcelona and Hawke's Bay Charge Controllers have passed UL1741 Certification/UL Standards, and are now ETL & CSA approved/Listed. Mario still has a little fine tuning of his code for them, but all materials not on hand needed to begin building them have just been ordered.

There will be a posting soon concerning BETA units for those here on the forum. Actual production is set for April 2022. It's been a long road but here they come!!! :) Mario & Jeremy all smiles after completing ETL review.

I got the deluxe kit, it had a solar cell and a meter.

Midnite B17-10. 50kW Cont. 150kW Surge... Me/Myself/And/I

Weldman

Price range?
I got (24) TSM-395DEG15HC.20(II) waiting for one.

qrper

System one: 7kWp w/ Trina 250 W panels @90 Vdc. Classic 150 to 16-6 V U.S batteries. Trace 5548 sine wave inverter.
System two: 6kWp grid tie with solaredge inverter.
System three: Midnite Brat, two 120 W Astropower modules, 100 Ah battery. Runs the LED streetlight in the back yard.

jbn

I'm also interested in the price range for the Barcelona and Hawke's Bay.  A finalized specification sheet would be great too.  Would like to add to my system and the idea of being able to avoid a combiner box while also enabling string or panel level shutdown is really appealing.

FNG

The Hawke's Bay and Barcelona did pass ETL, We are super excited about that. I think TJ may be more optimistic then the production crew though. Production in limited quantities is looking like mid to late May at this time. We are still putting a lot of moving pieces into the puzzle.

For pricing on the charge controllers, the retail price is as follows:
MNHAWKE'S BAY 120 : $1799
MNBCLNA : $2699

Highflyer

AWESOME news!!!   Hoist one for us all, it is well deserved.
Brian

The one thing is the one thing

Weldman

Quote from: FNG on February 11, 2022, 11:11:09 AM
The Hawke's Bay and Barcelona did pass ETL, We are super excited about that. I think TJ may be more optimistic then the production crew though. Production in limited quantities is looking like mid to late May at this time. We are still putting a lot of moving pieces into the puzzle.

For pricing on the charge controllers, the retail price is as follows:
MNHAWKE'S BAY 120 : $1799
MNBCLNA : $2699
Sign me up for one, let me know when and if there is a deposit system in place to start making reservations.

LilMT

Awesome news.  Congratulations.

If you need a Beta test just let me know.   ;D

Thanks,
LilMT

Classic 250, 3s2p Trina Solar 405watt, 8 Renogy 200ah for 48V 400ah, Magnasine 4448 inverter.

jbn

Can the Hawke's Bay or Barcelona control a Classic charge controller via Follow Me?  It would be nice to be able to add panels and a Hawke's Bay or Barcelona to my system without having to replace the Classic hardware I have on existing panels.

Wizbandit

That would require the MNCOMBOX-PRO but it is doable.
The software for the PRO is still a few years out.  Rumor has it it will be outsourced as we don't have a free engineer to assign the project to...

I'm working along on the MNCOMBOX-DIY
It's coming along slow as I'm partially blind until I get through eye surgery next week.  Then I might pick up the pace.  The DIY will hook up to Classics & our DIY series, the All-in-One Inverters and the DIY60 Charge Controller.

jbn

Thanks for the info on the MNCOMBOX-PRO for controlling a Classic with a Barcelona or Hawke's Bay.  The long time lag is unfortunate, at best.

BlackwaterPark

As my 8yr old classic 150 is making some strange noises these days, and seems not to be grabbing the power it used to from my array, I'm pretty keen on obtaining a HB and expanding my array at the same time. It's stated that these new CCs will be able to communicate with various brands lifepo4 batteries , and I'm wondering if the Kilovault Habs are on that list (or plan to be)?  As I'm running the Habs, it would be a super nice feature for sure.  Aside from specific inter-brand communications, is the HB better set up to charge lifepo4 batteries than are the classics line?

FNG

Quote from: BlackwaterPark on June 22, 2022, 09:12:22 AM
As my 8yr old classic 150 is making some strange noises these days, and seems not to be grabbing the power it used to from my array, I'm pretty keen on obtaining a HB and expanding my array at the same time. It's stated that these new CCs will be able to communicate with various brands lifepo4 batteries , and I'm wondering if the Kilovault Habs are on that list (or plan to be)?  As I'm running the Habs, it would be a super nice feature for sure.  Aside from specific inter-brand communications, is the HB better set up to charge lifepo4 batteries than are the classics line?
At this time closed loop with any battery would require a com box of sorts, Nothing is in the works on that front at the moment. I know its on the "List" but is not actively being worked on sorry.

Ryan