Couple of questions regarding MM2

Started by LilMT, February 17, 2022, 10:58:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LilMT

So, I have it all set up and working great through Starlink.

But I have noticed something regarding time zone.  I have seen a post from a couple of years ago about it and was wondering if there has been resolution on it or anything.

What happens is:

If I log in between midnight and 6:59 am I have no data for that time frame.

If I log in after 7:00 am., then the data is there.

If I change my time zone from utc-7 to utc-0 then the data shows up complete whenever I look at it but of course the time stamps are off by 7 hours.

It appears that other users have set their time zone to an opposed positive setting (in my case it would be UTC+17) which would made my time stamps correct but my date stamps would be off by a day).

So, it appears that the challenge is with displaying data in the window of time between (utc-0)[midnight] and absolute value of (utc offset) {in my case between midnight and 7 am) but only when offset is negative.

Are others experiencing this as well or am I the weirdo that checks the system before I go to work :)

The other question I was wondering about is:

I use the MM2 and I love it.

I also use some remote temperature monitors, and plan to add some remote cameras and maybe some other sensors.

I would like to make myself a single dash board that displays all of my webpages in some kind of package that makes sense to me.

The remote temp sensors have an API that I can use to built my package and I was wondering if one exists for MM2?

Thanks all and keep the sun shining,
LilMT

Thanks,
LilMT

Classic 250, 3s2p Trina Solar 405watt, 8 Renogy 200ah for 48V 400ah, Magnasine 4448 inverter.

boB

Not sure if I understand it all (I am not that great with MM)  but does the system maybe have to wake up in order to send the data to the MM2 server or something ?

Is the sun up by 7 AM ?

I don't understand the time zone issue    :)

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

LilMT

Here are some screen snips to show what I mean:

"6_48am_tz-7.JPG" was taken at 6:48am with TZ set to -7 Denver. (last data was apparently at 23:58:47

"6_48am_tz+0.JPG" was taken at 6:48am(a few seconds later) with TZ set to +0. (last data was 13:26:05) subtract 7 from TZ and that becomes 6:26 am at TZ-7.

"7_12am_tz-7.JPG" was taken at 7:12 am with TZ set back to -7. (last data at 6:48 am)

So since all of the data appears when I set TZ to +0 I am pretty sure it is something with MM2 either querying the data based on time zone and a negative sign is being missed or when the display of the data occurs a negative is being missed.

But since all data is there when TZ is a positive I do not think it is anything on my classic.

Hopefully that makes since.

Thanks,
LilMT

Thanks,
LilMT

Classic 250, 3s2p Trina Solar 405watt, 8 Renogy 200ah for 48V 400ah, Magnasine 4448 inverter.

LilMT

Hey, don't know who fixed the above mentioned item but thanks. 

I can now check my system in the morning.  Hopefully it is fixed and not just a DST thing.

Kudos and tell the boss you deserve a raise.  :)
Thanks,
LilMT

Simonbr

I just noticed the same bug, it seems at 12am eastern time -4, i cant see any logs, i have to change to +0 and it appears.