News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

Non electronic again.

Started by ralph day, February 21, 2022, 08:09:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ralph day

Hi all
I had to do a JB Weld repair on this item from my John Deere 1830 diesel tractor.  It was at the terminal end of the diesel injector line.  One line goes to the fuel tank ( return ), one goes to the intake manifold for some sort of hot fuel start assist (not used).  Tiny hole in the bottom, maybe from bad casting or internal pressure/flow erosion over 50 years.

I figure it must be a pressure regulator, much like a propane regulator for a bbq...high pressure in, low pressure out.  The fuel return is like an old guy peeing back to the fuel tank...not much pressure  ::).   Diesel injector rail pressure is pretty high IIRC.

Finally no more raw fuel stench when running, except for the many litres still dripping off the engine block and such.

Pressure regulator? 

Ralph

ralph day

Doh!
I kinda missed the point of the thread...what is this?  I guess I just wanted to pat myself on the back.

boB

I was wanting TJ to chime in on this one !

I really don't know.  BUT, I might be able to send your picture to Google Lens and have it compare other pictures which might give a clue ?

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

ralph day

Sure boB.
I couldn't find it even on JD fuel schematics on line.  Someday maybe the purchase of the appropriate service manual would be in order.