News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

A few general Rosie questions

Started by qrper, December 15, 2022, 11:21:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

qrper

Hi, everyone!

I've been reading though the paper work on the Rosie and breaker box. I've got a few head scratchers.

The manual says to mount Rosie on a non flammable surface. That to mean means cement board. I personally don't like the look of cement board, but I understand get use to the look or cause a fire.
So, if I didn't chose to use cement board how about a sheet of say 3/16" aluminum under Rosie? Will?does MidNite offer a metal mounting gizmo?

How about the MNGP2 mounting? Since I don't plan on scrapping my Classics anytime soon, is there a way to mount the MNGP2 to a wall besides paperclips and super glue?

Does the Rosie ePanel have a shunt inside? It's hard to tell by the drawings. And if so, is there space for the Whizbang, Jr to fit? Looks kinda tight in there.

mike
System one: 7kWp w/ Trina 250 W panels @90 Vdc. Classic 150 to 16-6 V U.S batteries. Trace 5548 sine wave inverter.
System two: 6kWp grid tie with solaredge inverter.
System three: Midnite Brat, two 120 W Astropower modules, 100 Ah battery. Runs the LED streetlight in the back yard.

Vic

Hi Mike,  ...  from the MN site, for the Rosie:

"DESCRIPTION:
The ROSIE INVERTER is the most versatile inverter/charger in its class. Ideal for medium renewable energy systems.
Provides 120 or 120/240VAC output in one unit
7000 watts / 48 volt DC
120 amp charger
2 aux input/outputs
True sine wave inverter with charger
Listings: UL1741, UL458 & CSA
Screened (gecko/mud dauber proof)
Quiet forced air cooling over heat-sink fins and transformer compartment
SOC monitoring with MidNite Wizbang Jr. and MNGP2
Die cast aluminum enclosure
Auto gen start (two-wire generators)
BTS included
Remote battery voltage sensor
Canbus communications
Built in Arlington, WA USA
Add on a Rosie E-Panel (comes with required AC and DC input breakers, includes inverter bypass breakers)"

Later,   Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

boB

I do not know what the back-plate is called but it looks like there is one for both the Barcelona and the Rosie and another one for the Hawkes Bay controller.

Here are pictures of one wall here in the lab

boB

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

qrper

Will that be available for John Q Public or a one up for the lab?
Whale of a lot better than cement board

Mike
System one: 7kWp w/ Trina 250 W panels @90 Vdc. Classic 150 to 16-6 V U.S batteries. Trace 5548 sine wave inverter.
System three: Midnite Brat, two 120 W Astropower modules, 100 Ah battery. Runs the LED streetlight in the back yard.

boB

Quote from: qrper on December 15, 2022, 07:18:20 PM
Will that be available for John Q Public or a one up for the lab?
Whale of a lot better than cement board

Mike

They will be sold to J.Q.P. 

Or is that, Q.R.P. ??    🌜🤡🌛

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

FNG

Quote from: qrper on December 15, 2022, 11:21:57 AM
Hi, everyone!

I've been reading though the paper work on the Rosie and breaker box. I've got a few head scratchers.

The manual says to mount Rosie on a non flammable surface. That to mean means cement board. I personally don't like the look of cement board, but I understand get use to the look or cause a fire.
So, if I didn't chose to use cement board how about a sheet of say 3/16" aluminum under Rosie? Will?does MidNite offer a metal mounting gizmo?

How about the MNGP2 mounting? Since I don't plan on scrapping my Classics anytime soon, is there a way to mount the MNGP2 to a wall besides paperclips and super glue?

Does the Rosie ePanel have a shunt inside? It's hard to tell by the drawings. And if so, is there space for the Whizbang, Jr to fit? Looks kinda tight in there.

mike

Mike,
We will offer back plates for mounting the Rosie yes. One could use a sheet of aluminum also if they desired.

MNGP2 will have a mount for it available yes, I assume a wall mount and also a mount to attach it to Rosie. The latter is not an item we have yet, but I believe is designed.

Rosie E-Panel has a shunt and WBjr but it's limited in what can connect to it. The E-Panel has a provision for a single set of DC wires from say charge controller etc so if one has a system with more than one classic they will need an external box like our new 500 amp battery combiner. You are correct space is a premium inside the Rosie E-Panel

qrper

Quote from: FNG on December 16, 2022, 06:51:01 AM
Quote from: qrper on December 15, 2022, 11:21:57 AM
Hi, everyone!

mike

Mike,
We will offer back plates for mounting the Rosie yes. One could use a sheet of aluminum also if they desired.

MNGP2 will have a mount for it available yes, I assume a wall mount and also a mount to attach it to Rosie. The latter is not an item we have yet, but I believe is designed.

Rosie E-Panel has a shunt and WBjr but it's limited in what can connect to it. The E-Panel has a provision for a single set of DC wires from say charge controller etc so if one has a system with more than one classic they will need an external box like our new 500 amp battery combiner. You are correct space is a premium inside the Rosie E-Panel

Thanks!
That's all good news.

I'm working on removing/improving/installing a new systems using the Rosie as the inverter. The old Trace SW5548 was going to be moved but I'm having second thoughts about that. Damn thing is so heavy I'll need to hire a couple of strong back to do the heavy lifting.

So, will the back plate be offered at the same time Rosie and Rosie epanel come out?

I kinda figured from seeing the drawings that space will be at a premium inside the epanel. I don't plan on moving the classic so it will live on top of one of the Midnite boxes.

Any time  line for these additional products

mike

FNG

The backplate will be released at the same time as the Rosie yes. As for time line I am still thinking Beta units in January some time and sales into the market in April. Feel free to email sales@midnitesolar.com if you would like to get on the beta list

Ryan