Author Topic: The Rosie looks awesome, when can we get her  (Read 221 times)

unoy

• Newby
The Rosie looks awesome, when can we get her
« on: April 17, 2022, 04:17:49 AM »
Newbie here, looking to buy/build a battery-based backup system in the next month or so, with a top priority being that it is made in the USA. I was about to buy a Magnum MS4448-PAE, along with your MNE panel, but then I noticed your upcoming products, The Rosie and the MNB17 line.  Both look great.  I'm sure you're sick of this question, but do you think The Rosie will be available in the next month or so?  I like the Magnum just fine, but would prefer The Rosie, given a choice.  I'm just trying to make an informed decision; therefore, thanks in advance for any insight you can provide. 

FNG

• Administrator
Re: The Rosie looks awesome, when can we get her
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2022, 06:19:18 AM »
The Rosie is more than a month out, I expect in the next 4-6 months we will be doing out of house beta testing, The B17 I think is further behind that

qrper

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2022, 12:28:49 PM »
Sooo....if no issues we're looking at least another
System one: 7kWp w/ Trina 250 W panels @90 Vdc. Classic 150 to 16-6 V U.S batteries. Trace 5548 sine wave inverter.
System two: 6kWp grid tie with solaredge inverter.
System three: Midnite Brat, two 120 W Astropower modules, 100 Ah battery. Runs the LED streetlight in the back yard.

FNG

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2022, 08:50:09 AM »
Sooo....if no issues we're looking at least another
This is a tough question to answer, As Midnite is always very optimistic about release dates and usually misses them by some amount of time, As does most any manufacturer.

Here is my thoughts personally,
When I get one to play with in Maine, I suspect this to still be a couple months away, we are then probably 6 months from active larger scale beta testing. Then I would estimate another 6 months for ETL and Production ramp up.

If I had to bet a nickle I would say no sooner than April of 2023 will you be able to buy one from a distributor but I could be WAY off nd it could be a lot quicker as the Rosie is a fast moving project and is in really good shape so far.