News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

The Rosie looks awesome, when can we get her

Started by unoy, April 17, 2022, 04:17:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

unoy

Newbie here, looking to buy/build a battery-based backup system in the next month or so, with a top priority being that it is made in the USA. I was about to buy a Magnum MS4448-PAE, along with your MNE panel, but then I noticed your upcoming products, The Rosie and the MNB17 line.  Both look great.  I'm sure you're sick of this question, but do you think The Rosie will be available in the next month or so?  I like the Magnum just fine, but would prefer The Rosie, given a choice.  I'm just trying to make an informed decision; therefore, thanks in advance for any insight you can provide. 

FNG

The Rosie is more than a month out, I expect in the next 4-6 months we will be doing out of house beta testing, The B17 I think is further behind that

qrper

Sooo....if no issues we're looking at least another
System one: 7kWp w/ Trina 250 W panels @90 Vdc. Classic 150 to 16-6 V U.S batteries. Trace 5548 sine wave inverter.
System two: 6kWp grid tie with solaredge inverter.
System three: Midnite Brat, two 120 W Astropower modules, 100 Ah battery. Runs the LED streetlight in the back yard.

FNG

Quote from: qrper on April 21, 2022, 12:28:49 PM
Sooo....if no issues we're looking at least another
This is a tough question to answer, As Midnite is always very optimistic about release dates and usually misses them by some amount of time, As does most any manufacturer.

Here is my thoughts personally,
When I get one to play with in Maine, I suspect this to still be a couple months away, we are then probably 6 months from active larger scale beta testing. Then I would estimate another 6 months for ETL and Production ramp up.

If I had to bet a nickle I would say no sooner than April of 2023 will you be able to buy one from a distributor but I could be WAY off nd it could be a lot quicker as the Rosie is a fast moving project and is in really good shape so far.

Westbranch

Hi FNG, long time. Has there been any significant news. good or bad in the last 3 months?
KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come

FNG

Quote from: Westbranch on June 13, 2022, 03:05:13 PM
Hi FNG, long time. Has there been any significant news. good or bad in the last 3 months?
Just looking this over, On April 19th I said I was guessing I would see a Rosie in about 2 months, UPS tracking shows my Rosie will be here Friday the 17th. Darn that was a close guess LOL

After that I am not positive, I still stand by my guess of say 6 months for beta and 1 yr for distribution but we shall see. Look for lots of videos and stuff next week

Westbranch

KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come

dapdan

what is the input DC voltage of the rosie. I am hoping it is up to 64v for those people who want to use 2nd life EV batteries. Please say yes.

Damani

boB

Quote from: dapdan on July 05, 2022, 01:50:34 PM
what is the input DC voltage of the rosie. I am hoping it is up to 64v for those people who want to use 2nd life EV batteries. Please say yes.

Damani

Yep !  64V or higher I think ?

The electrolytic capacitors are the limiting voltage on ALL inverters and chargers that you see running only up to 63V or 64V.

They are really rated to 63V continuous maximum.

MidNite has just received the FIRST  68V electrolytic capacitors !    These did not exist before as far as I know.

You can get 100V capacitors and I think, possibly, 75 or 80 V caps ?   But the capacitance is less.

68V makes perfect sense in today's products for many batteries.

boB

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

mahendra

1.5kw on Midnite classic 150(whizbang jr.) networked 0.660kw on classic lite 200 ,180ah CALB Lifepo4 48v battery bank,123SmartBMS bms(top balanced) Outback vfx3648

dapdan

FNG,

How is that Rosie going. it should have been installed and running by now since you got it on June 17. I wonder if I can come up to Midnite factory in September (on vacation from Barbados) and kidnap a Rosie to install on a setup currently using second life LG EV batteries ( 25kwh with 4kw of solar running three apartments). Just wondering out loud. I did put in an application for bet testing BTW.

Damani

boB

Quote from: dapdan on August 18, 2022, 09:15:42 AM
FNG,

How is that Rosie going. it should have been installed and running by now since you got it on June 17. I wonder if I can come up to Midnite factory in September (on vacation from Barbados) and kidnap a Rosie to install on a setup currently using second life LG EV batteries ( 25kwh with 4kw of solar running three apartments). Just wondering out loud. I did put in an application for bet testing BTW.

Damani

You can always come and see us.  September this year, around the 18th or so will be hectic since there is the SPI show in Anaheim, CA around that time and I will be gone from the 17th or so.

You can certainly see a Rosie running I think.  It's pretty awesome.

If the timing works out, we would LOVE to meet you, give you the nickel tour and take you to lunch or dinner !

boB

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

dapdan

boB,

Thanks for the invite. It is gear like yours that make me wish I was around the corner.

Robin

We are shipping rv versions now. The RE versions are more complicated as they have more features that aren’t quite done. January is when we are slated to be inreal production. There will be some beta units prior to that, but we don’t know how many yet.
Robin Gudgel

Weldman

Need one to hook up to my Barcelona when I get it online. Almost done enclosing pole barndominium so I can put mine online.