Lead acid batteries and sulfation

Started by The Ugly One, May 13, 2022, 06:16:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Ugly One

I have had alot of sulfated forklift batteries come thru over the past two years and wonder what everyone has chose to counter the dreaded sulfation buildup? So what was the ultimate success / failures and what was tried to rejuvenate the cells?

I have tried a couple of the online additives that claim their product works without any true scientific backings. So all besides one didn't help out with my delima. And the only one that worked for me has made quite an impressive list of people who have used it on their very abuse DC solar batteries. So what other methods of revitalizing the batteries have had success?
I take them Ray Rays, and turn them into that Boom Boom Zap Juice.

ClassicCrazy

If anything worked we would probably all still be using our reconditioned like new lead acid batteries.
The battery dealer I visited once would individually load test each cell and then repackage up a reconditioned forklift battery with cells that had matched ah capacity load life in them.
He had large high capacity load testing equipment to do that as well as being able to cut the bad cells out and replace them and pour the new lead bus bar between them.
Otherwise they have scrap value.

Larry 
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

The Ugly One

Yeah I definitely do not have high end testing equipment. Nor am I efficient at pouring the lead bars. (I know this due to having already fixed a couple already.) I was just curious what people have tried... At the end of the day a battery plate inside of a battery cell is only as good as the weakest plate. And nothing will rebuild the plates while inside of a battery.

I'm waiting for the day I switch over to lithium.
I take them Ray Rays, and turn them into that Boom Boom Zap Juice.