Generic 240 VAC 175A e-panel With Bypass Breaker (240 VAC)

Started by Vic, August 17, 2022, 09:36:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vic

Am looking for a generic e-panel that has a door without cutouts, AND a 240 VAC bypass breaker  --  would be like the Trace panel @ 240 VAC.

Cannot find a 240 VAC Bypass breaker that is separate,  and cannot find a plain door, so a generic 240 VAC e-panel might be made from an e-panel that is made for Magnum/OB, etc  ...

Yea,  we all always want TOO MUCH !!

Ideas?  Thanks, Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

boB

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Vic

Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.

Vic

Would it be possible to add a breaker, or two to the 120 VAC inverter Bypass breaker in the Trace e-panel (plus a bussbar or two), to make that 120 VAC breaker into a 240 Vac one, without cutting metal?

I cannot find a MN 240 VAC breaker assy, as an individual item,  and if found, it would probably be about a $200-ish item   ...

That would work, it seems.

Know that this is a bit, in-the-weeds.  Thnks!   Vic

boB

Hi Vic, Robin here on Bob's computer. I will build you an E-panel with 240VAC bypass, input breakers and a bunch of busbars. Blank door.
Please e-mail me your address.
Have you or Classic Crazy signed up for a Hawke's Bay or Barcelona. I can probably do something about that if either of you have a system that could use them. Let me know.
Thanks,
Robin
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Vic

Robin !!

You are very generous !!  Of course,  I will gladly pay for this custom panel.

I need more PV power here, and have been trying to get a very good contractor engaged to do a ground mount, to add about 5 kW more.

When I first saw your reply, got on the phone with him, and he is getting serious about helping.  Am a bit too old to be digging holes, and mixing concrete, for the new array.

I could rewire the PVs on the existing system, at one of the two locations, here, to get into the MPPT voltage range for either the Hawke's Bay, or the Barcelona.

Am, just now reworking the existing Power Room, at our main cabin  --  off-grid, and SW+ 5548s, and FLAs, all from 2005.

Let me look at the rewiring, to see, what makes sense.

Will PM you, now, if that will work,   Thank you very much, Robin,  take care,  Vic

Vic

Hi Robin,  I sent a PM to you,  not to boB,  perhaps I should send a PM to boB's mailbox?

Thanks again, Vic

FNG

Vic,
Email me ryan@midnitesolar.com I will get you fixed up, Robin is pretty wide open these days and will not likely see it soon

Vic

Hi Ryan,

Thank you very much.  Just sent you an e-mail.

Feel a bit guilty,  distracting a number of MidNite folks,  with SPI so close.

Have a great SPI !   Will not be going,  but, have FUN.  73  Thanks again, Vic

boB

Quote from: Vic on August 21, 2022, 02:29:41 PM
Hi Ryan,

Thank you very much.  Just sent you an e-mail.

Feel a bit guilty,  distracting a number of MidNite folks,  with SPI so close.

Have a great SPI !   Will not be going,  but, have FUN.  73  Thanks again, Vic

That's OK Vic.   We have people that do these things on a daily basis with instruction from Ryan or Robin or whoever else is good at that.
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Vic

Robin, boB, Ryan,

Thank you very much for getting this special e-panel going.

I cannot THANK YOU enough.  Cannot imagine any other company doing this for a small customer.

You folks are THE BEST at customer service, and willingness to help.

Thank you so much!,  Take care have a great SPI !!  Vic

FNG

Quote from: Vic on August 17, 2022, 09:36:59 PM
Am looking for a generic e-panel that has a door without cutouts, AND a 240 VAC bypass breaker  --  would be like the Trace panel @ 240 VAC.

Cannot find a 240 VAC Bypass breaker that is separate,  and cannot find a plain door, so a generic 240 VAC e-panel might be made from an e-panel that is made for Magnum/OB, etc  ...

Ideas?  Thanks, Vic
For the record this would be a MNE175STSLT-240 or an MNE250STSLT-240 Robin was unaware we offer that product

Vic

Quote from: Vic on August 17, 2022, 09:36:59 PM

Ideas?  Thanks, Vic
Quote from: FNG on August 22, 2022, 10:26:08 AM

For the record this would be a MNE175STSLT-240 or an MNE250STSLT-240 Robin was unaware we offer that product

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for this info.  I was unable to find such a product, in Distribution,  am not sure that I used the exact nomenclature  for it.

It seemed that there would be some demand for this product.  I did look through all of the MidNite E-Panel docs, and felt that it was simply not there.

My need would be for the MNE175STSLT-240.

Sorry to have created this noise in the system.  MidNite seems to have kept the distribution of E-Panels stocked at resellers, in this time of supply shortages.  This is probably a fairly difficult task.

Thank you to all of the MidNite crew for keepiing all of your products generally available!

Thanks again,   Vic

Robin

Vic, I asked to have this built and sent to you. Did you receive it?
Robin Gudgel

Vic

Hi Robin,

Thank you very much,  YES, it did arrive safe and sound.

I did thank Ryan,  but think that I forgot to Thank you ?!!.

Thank you very much, Robin,  you have really gone above and beyond to benefit me,  really appreciate it.
We are rebuilding half of our Power Room,  and this e-panel is at the center, as you might guess, as they are so capable and flexible!

Am happily looking forward to getting familiar with a Barcelona/Hawke's Bay, which will go onto this  renewed energy wall.

Thank you very much, Robin, and all of your teams for all that you do for us!

Have a great SPI Show.  You have so much new stuff to show off.  Great work on all of the progress,  CONGRATULATIONS !!   The Rosie, and B17 really are astonishing, in their capabilities,  certainly, they are in the home-stretch.

Take care, and travel safely.  Thank You, so very much!   Vic