Xantrex xw on midnite epanel with 34vdc on ground

Started by mahendra, May 20, 2022, 09:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mahendra

Hi .
A friend of mine has a xantrex xw 6748 pro hooked up to a midnite epanel.
System is about a year old.
On  a recent check up it was observed that there is  34vdc present from the negative to earth.
Initially  it was though that this was comijg from the pv arrays but after isolation of all component it was noted that the inverter was the origin of this issue.
This voltage was tested coming out of the inverter even after it was turned off .It took however about an hour for this voltage to fall to zero.
I am suspecting a grounding issue since all components are functioning as normal.
Is my suspicion accurate or is this normal with the XW?
Or is there an issue with the epanel hook up since i am not.noticing a dc negative to ground bond?
1.5kw on Midnite classic 150(whizbang jr.) networked 0.660kw on classic lite 200 ,180ah CALB Lifepo4 48v battery bank,123SmartBMS bms(top balanced) Outback vfx3648

boB

Did you also measure AC voltage between GND and minus ?

The connection to the voltages, if it were AC, might be explained by the output common-mode filter capacitors being a voltage divider with center going to GND.   There would not be much if any possible high current behind it though.  You could verify this by taking a low to mid Ohm resistor and tying that between the negative and GND and then see what the AC or DC voltage is.

It might also be part of a DC side filter section ?

I am not sure what a Xantrex XW 6748 pro is though ?   6.7 kW  48V inverter ?

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

mahendra

Yes i measured ac voltage as well

Yes the xw is a Xantrex inverter.
1.5kw on Midnite classic 150(whizbang jr.) networked 0.660kw on classic lite 200 ,180ah CALB Lifepo4 48v battery bank,123SmartBMS bms(top balanced) Outback vfx3648

boB

Quote from: mahendra on May 21, 2022, 05:45:29 AM
Yes i measured ac voltage as well

So, what was that AC voltage negative to GND ?

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

mahendra

Just a about a half volt. 0.5vac
Ac side seems fine inverter performs ok.
Maybe a bit louder than i would think than it should but besides that ok.