What’s currently recommended

Started by Simonbr, July 07, 2022, 10:24:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simonbr

Quote from: ClassicCrazy on July 15, 2022, 10:07:56 AM
Quote from: Simonbr on July 15, 2022, 12:21:50 AM
Quote from: ClassicCrazy on July 15, 2022, 12:14:42 AM
example of Telegraf file

What exactly is this file, i can verify it.
https://github.com/ClassicDIY/ClassicMQTT/wiki/3.1-Raspberry-Pi-setup-using-IOTStack
You may have skipped a step ?

Just verified that location and the conf file is there, opened it with nano and it has the correct db user/password also.

Simonbr

Quote from: ClassicCrazy on July 15, 2022, 10:16:52 AM
Quote from: Simonbr on July 15, 2022, 12:21:50 AM
Quote from: ClassicCrazy on July 15, 2022, 12:14:42 AM
example of Telegraf file

What exactly is this file, i can verify it.
I show where the telegraf file is in this video
https://youtu.be/xKxGaerzNKM
Larry

Does the file need any modification from the defaults after doing the install from the wiki?

ClassicCrazy

Yes you need to put in the name of your Classic exactly as you have it in the compose override.
Did you try the mqtt explorer to see if it is sending out the mqtt data ?
Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

Simonbr

Quote from: ClassicCrazy on July 15, 2022, 10:59:33 AM
Yes you need to put in the name of your Classic exactly as you have it in the compose override.
Did you try the mqtt explorer to see if it is sending out the mqtt data ?
Larry

I am assuming you mean the circled area in the attached image? No I have not tried the mqtt explorer, could you explain how to get to it?

ClassicCrazy

yes what you have circled above .
At bottom of this link is mqtt tool info - called mqtt.fx  ( I think there is another called mqtt explorer)
https://github.com/ClassicDIY/ClassicMQTT/wiki/3.1-Raspberry-Pi-setup-using-IOTStack
Search on internet should find either one
Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

Simonbr

OK after changing the name of the classic from the circled area in the image and restarting telegraf and grafana it seems that it worked. I am playing around a little to see if I can make a nice dashboard with the values I require.

I noticed from your dashboard I used the charging current, looking at the table view it only pulls info every 5 minutes, is it a bad idea to pull more info more often, i would like to have closer to a live view for some values like current and PV info.

ClassicCrazy

I have experimented a lot with Grafana and the timings and graphs.
Just try everything and see what works best for you. I think the Classic MQTT is posting every 10 seconds ? 
Not even sure how much I have changed my graphs and ways I did stuff since the last time I posted sample stuff.
Probably a lot of changes.
I know I just changed some of my own graphs this morning from 5 minutes to 10 seconds - at the time i had a bunch of dots but there are other settings in there that fill in the graph . I mostly been figuring it all out by trial and error.
Larry
system 1
system 2
system 3
KID / Brat portable

Simonbr

Quote from: ClassicCrazy on July 15, 2022, 02:15:15 PM
Just try everything and see what works best for you. I think the Classic MQTT is posting every 10 seconds ? 
Not even sure how much I have changed my graphs and ways I did stuff since the last time I posted sample stuff.
I know I just changed some of my own graphs this morning from 5 minutes to 10 seconds - at the time i had a bunch of dots but there are other settings in there that fill in the graph . I mostly been figuring it all out by trial and error.
Larry

Good Morning Larry, I've been playing with Grafana and have a pretty good handle on it, making myself a nice interface. I was wondering on the interval for refreshing, it seems even if i set it lower like 20 seconds, it doesn't seem to be getting new info from the CC. Is there another setting above Grafana that pulls info more often from the CC?

ClassicCrazy

Quote from: Simonbr on July 21, 2022, 11:53:43 AM
Quote from: ClassicCrazy on July 15, 2022, 02:15:15 PM
Larry

Good Morning Larry, I've been playing with Grafana and have a pretty good handle on it, making myself a nice interface. I was wondering on the interval for refreshing, it seems even if i set it lower like 20 seconds, it doesn't seem to be getting new info from the CC. Is there another setting above Grafana that pulls info more often from the CC?

I was just looking at the code for Classic mqtt . It looks like it  there are various wake , snooze, and publish rates in there to get data from the Classic .
Best to ask Graham about if there is a way to speed it up - that is a bit above my knowledge.
Let us know what you find out.
It almost seems like he told me how to change some of those timings in the past.
I think the snooze time is in there so the Midnite Local Status app can butt in and take control when you want to use that .
Then when you close the Local Status app , the Classic MQTT will resume.( and if you forget to close it you will wonder why the mqtt quit working !)
Can you share a screen shot of your Grafana ? It would be nice to see what you came up with.
Larry
system 1
system 2
system 3
KID / Brat portable